Low number of players.

SkyDogs

With so many would-be players clambering for test keys, can anyone explain why so many servers are less than half full at time of composing this post? Perhaps there's not so many already issued, I don't know.

I imagined and expected all servers to be bursting, even at this time of the UK night, but no, it's all quiet on the western front.

While I'm here, anyone with a key fancy meeting up and doing some testing for an hour? 

It seems time dependent. From 9pm - 1am ET both ATL servers are full or nearly full and the rest have very high ping for people in the US so I think they avoid them.  I do see the AU servers pick up in the morning for me, which I assume is evening for them, but I haven't seen them full yet.  I think FR and DE servers are new so the people in those regions may not have keys yet.

Just wild speculation. 

I thought they wanted maxed out servers, as I seem to remember reading a request for players to join.

Anyway, as a UK resident that plays during the North American peak times, I'm surprised and disappointed at the lack of full or near full servers to choose from.

I find Altis too big for the current game content, and by that I'm talking transport, or more specifically, the lack of. Once you have a vehicle then you're laughing and the game is fun to test.

Stratis, surprisingly, is just not pulling the players in. Yeah I know it's bare and low on manmade structures to explore. But its size is great for a game like Epoch in its current stage of development. But there's an irony going on here, and that's the abundance of vehicles in Stratis.

Once the game is released, I'd love the devs or members of the mapping community to add more features to Stratis.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

i dont lay as much as i did because there isn't anything to do, i mean i could spend my time hunting players, but i cant take all the gear as there is nowhere to store it, all the traders are being killed, cant even build a teepee to store stuff, cant build anything, so when the build limit has been raised i think the server will get full again,

possibly raise the limit of vehicles to 300 from the 200 it's at? and if there is a way to have less boats(not sure if you can seperate them)

just my thoughts on the matter,

As one who has a key but didnt play so far I want to tell you why. Cause playing alone is not fun. So I have to wait until my 3 other mates also get keys. So yeah, a lot of people have key, try it once and drop it until they can play with their mates. Never met one in A2 Epoch who wasnt part of a squad and playing a MP game alone is just boring as you can imagine. :D

So I really really really wanna play and I have a key, but I will not spoil any experience before I can share it. And guess what, I assume I am not the only one.

Kenturrac, I agree with your post. my friends have got keys from watching streams in the evening. i work eairly hours of the morning so im not up at the times of most streams.

I think a key should be able to give a key to a friend, so you dont have lone players difting about. :ph34r:

How many keys have been issued so far and what percentage does North America have?

I know I'm in Europe but my current working hours mean I play during North America's varying peak times.

Most of the chaps with keys from the Mgt community (which I am apart of) that I talk to, don't play A3Epoch anymore. They say it's boring, which currently I agree with, but I say playing is practice and testing, which is the point of the early access. I just wish I had a couple of players to roll with while we test and learn the game.