Loot and Traders

Tyrael75

My only comment w re: traders is the organization of the buy/sell screen..

A player is obviously limited by what they can carry, so there is at least some hard limit on what they have on their trade side.

However, the trader side is getting very messy depending on trader. Often have to scroll through a very very very long list just to find out if the trader has what I need or doesn't

Would be nice if it was in categories or if multiples could be placed together and decide on quantity to buy instead of double clicking each individual one.

For example if the trader had 10 binoculars it would say 10 x binoculars instead of 10 separate lines with binoculars on them.

In this case while the trading UI is nice, it is getting cumbersome with large quantities of items on hand.

Loot is respawing during the game yes.

After 1 hour, the looted loot despawn, and respawn somewhere else

Doesn't seem like it, most servers are up well beyond the 24 hour mark and everyone is complaining about there being no loot, hell even I complained about it, I ran around for maybe an hour or two and found maybe 2-3 items i found remotely worth taking. Unfortunately money isn't really valuable to me so I don't take every single item to sell especially when there aren't set trader stocks, top of that some of the servers almost every trader is dead.

My only comment w re: traders is the organization of the buy/sell screen..

A player is obviously limited by what they can carry, so there is at least some hard limit on what they have on their trade side.

However, the trader side is getting very messy depending on trader. Often have to scroll through a very very very long list just to find out if the trader has what I need or doesn't

Would be nice if it was in categories or if multiples could be placed together and decide on quantity to buy instead of double clicking each individual one.

For example if the trader had 10 binoculars it would say 10 x binoculars instead of 10 separate lines with binoculars on them.

In this case while the trading UI is nice, it is getting cumbersome with large quantities of items on hand.

I actually had a bug last night where a trader ACTUALLY ate almost every item in my inventory despite not even remotely clicking them to sell.

Don't you think guys that selling to NPC things like map, compass and things you can steal from them is retarded? Even if you are fresh spawn you can steal from then stuff, sell it and buy weapon, mags, silencer. Imo it's annoying.

Second thing is selling mags and buying other, you lose small amount of krypto and most of the time you got all mags with full ammo. Sellind not full mags should give you less money. They are cheap so w/e but it's kind a retarded.

no, not at all. it helps you start out with a few things, so you dont just get raped every time you walk into your first town. The only people who don't like it are those who are geared and get killed by new spawns who kill them with a map/compass/watch budget gun. who are generally bad players who like killing new spawns who aren't armed.

So yeah, its fine imo.

@

pr0dukt 

@

jayjo

Well it's not about being killed with full gear by bambi with a pistol, sh*t happens :D

Finding weapon sometimes can take you long time. On other hand, after 5min looting you can also find few weapons with mags, that depends on your luck. Most of ppl with pistols i saw were not defending their useless lives but killing other fresh spawns.

And the steal option, it should be able only if you have special item and it can give you random amount of krypto, depending on how much trader actually have now ( like he have 1k, you have chance to get from 10% to 35% of his total money for current sesion).

PS. pr0dukt can i know what's ur native language? 

folks have been trolling and killing many traders on map I play on. and then camping the only remaining live one .

then they trade gear to non trader killer in group to trade.

groups should be penalized when member kills trader.

what's happening now is folks are using this method to turn remaining live trader into an ambush.

it should be risky to use traders, but not screw solo players or small groups when large armed gangs are forcing people into same scenario every restart.

folks have been trolling and killing many traders on map I play on. and then camping the only remaining live one .

then they trade gear to non trader killer in group to trade.

groups should be penalized when member kills trader.

what's happening now is folks are using this method to turn remaining live trader into an ambush.

it should be risky to use traders, but not screw solo players or small groups when large armed gangs are forcing people into same scenario every restart.

Lol, wtf.  HEY GUYS CAN I HAS A KEY PLX PLX CAN I HAS KEY I REALLY LIKE PLAYING EPOCH I WOULD LOVE TO BE A TESTER so I can camp trader cities all day, steal everybody's sht and sell it all and not really have anything to spend it on and log out.  Who are these people?  Sounds like some people need to trade their PCs in for an Xbox.  I mean... if you're really that bored with life, why would you go through the trouble of getting a key to play an alpha mod... and then just troll?

Like I was saying in another thread, it would be cool if, when a player killed another player within a certain distance of a protected trader(or killed the trader..), they were flagged somehow and their location was marked on the map or showed up as a mission marker or something lol.  Then again, being trolls that they are, they would probably do it just for attention.

Lol, wtf.  HEY GUYS CAN I HAS A KEY PLX PLX CAN I HAS KEY I REALLY LIKE PLAYING EPOCH I WOULD LOVE TO BE A TESTER so I can camp trader cities all day, steal everybody's sht and sell it all and not really have anything to spend it on and log out.  Who are these people?  Sounds like some people need to trade their PCs in for an Xbox.  I mean... if you're really that bored with life, why would you go through the trouble of getting a key to play an alpha mod... and then just troll?

Like I was saying in another thread, it would be cool if, when a player killed another player within a certain distance of a protected trader(or killed the trader..), they were flagged somehow and their location was marked on the map or showed up as a mission marker or something lol.  Then again, being trolls that they are, they would probably do it just for attention.

Right? I don't know why but for some reason I figured Arma 3 mods would have a more mature playerbase... not sure why just seems more grown up than the Arma II mods. MY MISTAKE