Pay To Win

Alpaca

Do not make it pay to win please because im all with the players helping with server bills and stuff but being able to give them starter load outs is a joke you should make a donator store like out of Arma 3 altis life so you have to still buy the items and you should change the money system so you can deposit money into an ATM but i just don't like people having to big of an advantage because they stole there mums credit card that's just my suggestion.

-Alpaca 

I doubt that the epoch devs have ever even made a suggestion for any kind of donations that would in turn give you any goods or benefits.

The whole thing with donation benefits started with dayz epoch admins wanting to make money by running the mod. The epoch devs do not support nor do they benefit from it in any way.

I do believe in people giving donations to the server they play on when that have the ability to. I don't really like donator perks as the can make them pay to win with the way some owners run there servers.

I know this is a likely out of scope idea for the project but maybe a script developer could add a way to customise some of the aesthetics.  maybe SUV's having neon under lights or special hat or cloaks. they can be a sign of donating. lol

We have to pay. Donate to Sequisha or to kiory123 on his twitch. Or at least buy Arma 3 to support the engine. We have to pay to win fantastic life in a distant future, now...

Anyone who wants to play Epoch on A3 will need to support the engine by purchasing.  the OP is more about the way Server owners help to fund there hosting costs by custom load out's.  It is a difficult balance as you must be careful to not make it too easy for people who have purchased custom load outs that give them an advantage at spawn.  but you also need to balance the cost of the server and keep your regular players happy.

And after assisting with the Gaming community my friends run I see how expensive and hard it is to keep the community running smooth.

But as a final note. if you want to play on a server with unfair advantages there are always many others out there that are run differently and it is the community of friends and betterment of the gaming community that is important.