Bank Script without the single currency

HiiShinoo

Question

Hi, 

I wonder if anyone can help me achieve this:

So I know there has been a break through and a number of servers have the bank script with single currency, while i like the bank idea i don't like replacing the current currency with single currency .

to explain what i want to achieve :

I want to keep the gold/silver system (default epoch) but have a player go to a bank and deposit his money at a charge, so basically the only time you see money on screen (coin sign) is when/if a player had successfully taken lets say a brief case to a bank location and selected to deposit lets say 100 gold (1 brief case) , the bank would would charge 10% leaving the player with 90 gold in his bank account.

i know nothing about scripts, so would appreciate someone's help on this.

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

This would be a later thing.

The Single Currency system is no where even done to being with.

Banking like that does sound like a good idea, but that wouldn't be no different then single currency just with taxing which can be easily obtain with a few simple code.

No use making a whole new banking system just to store gold if there is already a system used for gold coins....

If you want something like this, spend your time coding it.

This is Scripting help section right? ha! oh well no hard feelings.

The code for bank is all out there pretty much, I just need little help / direction to what i need to change to switch off single currency and apply some other change to make it so that a player goes in with some breif cases and then deposit them from his gear into the bank, the screen updates with the amount he has in the bank taken away taxation . if the player dies the amount he has in his bank doesnt change on his screen because technically it will be stored safe in in his bank for him.

I just wish I had little more experience in coding arma scripts, as i am technical otherwise!

Really cool Idea , it should be easier than single currency because all  you doing is storing gold against playID - taxation...

That is true, but you would need to mess around with the sql db and the hive which is still a lot of work.

This was the main reason why Single Currency was a pain to do.