Need Help with scripting?

TiNkLeS

Not sure what to do? Want to install some new scripts in your server? leave your contact info and i will get to you and get you going. If you want good reliable services don't miss out, I have a couple servers you can check out if your not sure what you want. Donations are accpeted Mostly for the larger jobs.

Ladies and gentleman!

If a developer has to advert his skills for a few bucks, then he is not a developer but a mere script kiddie ^

Dont know where you get your definitions, but a Dev in terms of Epoch is someone who develops scripts. So I guess what you mean is a Supporter. And I dont really have an idea what a script kiddie is, a young guy who knows how to script? Pls help me with that.

Anyway, he offers help as a Freelancer and it would be lovely, if someone would spent a few bucks for the work he would love to do. Sounds legit to me.

On the other side, even installing scripts takes a few more minutes than most people expect and even the payment most people offer for this is way to less.

Overall, what is wrong with paying good work? Sounds like you have a problem with that. Wonder what you do for your living...

Someone who requests a few bucks for 1-2 hours of work = somebody who doesnt cherish his/her work or gets excited about a few bucks, which means in return that their knowledge and basic level of understanding is very low since "freelancers" can take on bigger projects with a few hundred if not thousend bucks of reward.

And since you are from berlin you sure do know what a "script kiddie" is.

No hard feelings.

Not to mention that its illegal in europa (and other parts of the world) to offer work without trade certificate, even when its just 10 bucks.

To get this clear:

- To offer help with scripts is beautiful and honorable

- To expect donations for it (without even basic knowledge) is illegal (and also fraud)

Since were on the subject, it seems to me that the whole pay/donate to help with setting up a server or installing scritps is very discouraged. I keep a server running for me and some of my friends and our kids to play on and dont have time to do much more than play. I am happy to pay someone to do it for me and I dont really see the issue with it. I would feel like a bum asking for someone to help without anything to offer in return.  This community seems to discourage that, or is there some avenue I have missed somewhere?

BB

Ladies and gentleman!

If a developer has to advert his skills for a few bucks, then he is not a developer but a mere script kiddie ^

lol that's why you submit resume's for job apps...

that's why there's coding tests to determine skills of potential recruits...

Someone who requests a few bucks for 1-2 hours of work = somebody who doesnt cherish his/her work or gets excited about a few bucks, which means in return that their knowledge and basic level of understanding is very low since "freelancers" can take on bigger projects with a few hundred if not thousend bucks of reward.

And since you are from berlin you sure do know what a "script kiddie" is.

No hard feelings.

Not to mention that its illegal in europa (and other parts of the world) to offer work without trade certificate, even when its just 10 bucks.

To get this clear:

- To offer help with scripts is beautiful and honorable

- To expect donations for it (without even basic knowledge) is illegal (and also fraud)

LOL!

That's called contract work.  In the US you don't have to be "ceritifed" but you should have an LLC at least to protect you if you dick something up as you can be held liable.  Legit contractors get paid upwards or $100/hr.  Many software companies hire them in the US to maintain or implement new features in old software that the original coder has since left.  Or they hire them to supplement a lack of talent in their department.

for instance, I could be hired at say $150/hr to set up a network at a new companies office.

Also skript kiddie = somebody who downloads a script from the internet and uses it to hack, then brags about his hacking skills.  totally unrelated.