Few vehicles not spawning in (e.g. Vodnik)

ARcoolJ

Question

Hey guys,

i have the problem that a few vehicles are not spawning in when you buy them nor when you spawn them.

I commented out the Vodnik of the banned vehicle list in the dayz_anim.pbo but that didnt helped at all.

Also i tried to rearrange the order how the mods are loaded in, didnt help.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

-Chernarus Overpoch

19 answers to this question

20:01:58 Cannot create entity with abstract type GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac (scope = private?)
20:01:58 Cannot create non-ai vehicle GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac,
20:01:58 "PUBLISH: B 1-1-M:1 (PlayerName) REMOTE Bought GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac with ID "PlayerID""

Hey there, I have had a similar issue on Taviana Overpoch with the GAZ_vodnik_DZE () However I had the benefit of simply dropping the _DZE to change the classname and using the remove ammo script to simulate it. No such luck with the medical vodnik I am afraid.

As a bandaid solution you could always go into your server files, find the mission instance and locate dynamic_vehicle.sqf. Inside there you can set the map to not spawn any of the med vods, you can also remove them from the traders in your database. For players with existing medical vodniks, you can simply search the database and replace them with the GAZ_Vodnik_DZE (PK vod) instead to try and minimise the impact upon your players.

Are you able to provide more information about the mods on your server too? Do you have any idea when this error started happening?

I hope this helps somewhat, sorry its not a fix

Other than that I do not know what else you can do :(

Hey, thanks for the reply.

this problem appeared after the latest Arma update. Before the update i merged the @DayzOverwatch folder with the @Dayz_Epoch folder. Doing it that way i didnt need to put in an addition launch parameter to my batch file, so i could start overpoch only with the @Dayz_Epoch and @Dayz_Server folders.

Thats why i never had problems with the banlist of Overwatch that is located in the dayz_anim.pbo.

Since the arma update, i cant launch the server the same way, now i have to load in the @Dayz_Overwatch folder aswell, otherwise i will get stuck at "Waiting for server to start authentication". Pretty strange, cant figure out why the old way isnt possible anymore.

Removing Vodniks completly from the Traders and Dynamic Vehicle list isnt really a long term solution in my opinion. The vodnik is not the only vehicle that is affected by the ban list. E.g there is also the new "USEC" and a few more Humvees.

Im really out of idea´s at the moment. 

If anyone else has a suggestion, please tell me.

Merging the overwatch folder with the epoch folder? Wut? I don't know how that worked, lol. 

Anyway, you need to unban the vehices by unpacking the dayz_anim.pbo in the @DayzOverwatch folder. After that's done, open the folder "CfgBanned" and search "CfgVehicles.hpp". Open the file and comment the vehicles out that you want to 'unban'. 

Meaning of commenting:

// This is commenting (those //).
// In example:
Ban: "BTR90"; 
//should be:
// Ban: "BTR90";
To unban a whole easy, without putting // in front of all of them, do the following:
/*
*/

Save the file and repack the dayz_anim.pbo and upload it into your @DayzOverwatch folder in your server. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Disable verify signature in the config file, since you edited the client files!

Merging the overwatch folder with the epoch folder? Wut? I don't know how that worked, lol. 

That was actually pretty easy and worked fantastic. I just copied all the Overwatch files and paste them into the Epoch folder without overwriting anything. Worked perfect and i didnt have to adjust the ban list ect. 

I found the problem why atleast the Vodnik wasnt spawning in, i had to unban "GAZ_Vodnik_HMG" aswell. 

Still, if i for example, unban the "HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1", the game is stuck at "waiting for authentication".

Any idea why that happens?

I disabled "verify signature"

Edited by ARcoolJ

Nothing that really isnt normal. Only aLOT of:

"Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

csj_gyroac"

Would you mind uploading your dayz_anim.pbo so i can try yours out?

Edited by ARcoolJ

"Requesting authentication/Retrying to authenticate".

I just dont get it ...

16:13:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle
16:13:43 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 253
16:13:43 Error in expression <imit = _random select 1;
Edited by ARcoolJ