Humanity Variable

Vindomire

Question

i am coding a loadout script. I have it set up for custom loadouts but also i wanted to have it give people with no loadout humanity based random loadouts. So basically if your a survivor/hero/bandit/villain/superhero you can have loadout 1, 2 or 3. It is called from init.sqf at end of file:

if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
{
    player spawn p2_newspawn;
    [] ExecVM "custom\loadouts.sqf";
};
in that file the custom load outs work but when it gets to polling humanity it just stops (mission is not reporting debug for some reason so i use system chats atm.

if ((player getVariable ["humanity",0] < 5000) && (player getVariable ["humanity",0] > -5000)) then {
	systemChat ("LOADOUT: Survivor Loadout");
 is where the file stops, no more system chats and no errors in rpt just stops.... it doesnt show that system chat either. (my humanity was 2500)

3 answers to this question

i was initially using a variable to hold humanity, But that line stopped the file.

_humanity = player getVariable["humanity",0]; was exactly what i had to get the variable. if i put a systemchat on either side of it it would never pass that line.

and sorry i have the block terminated but there was more code i just didnt show the terminated bracket.