init.sqf not found

SteelGonads

Hello all.

I've come across a weird situation. I managed to play Epoch for a few days in two different servers in the last week. All is freshly installed, from Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, DayZ and Epoch.

Today i fired up DayZ Commander and launched the game in a server where I've played for the last week and i couldn't get in.

First I noticed it was launching vanilla DayZ instead of epoch, so i added "-mod=@Dayz_epoch" to the additional parameters in Dayz Commander and it launched Epoch normally.

So I managed to reach the lobby of the server and i managed to see the splash screen of the server, but then the game crashes and the following message appears:

"Include file z\addons\dayz_code\system\ca\functions\init.sqf not found"

I downloaded PBO manager to open the dayz_code.pbo file and the init.sqf file really is there, so that's not the problem.

The strangeness of the situation is that i can join the other server I'm also playing. They both had the same versions because i was playing them at the same time.

I thought the problem could be server side, but my mates have kept playing in the server i can't log in and they haven't changed any of their versions.

Things I've tried:

Reinstall Arma 2, DayZ and Epoch

Downgrade Epoch to 1.5.0 and try to login (got wrong version message)

Upgrade Epoch again

Restart the PC 233463463456 times

Download the Epoch source and replace dayz_code.pbo (instead of letting DayZ Commander handling versions)

These are my versions:

Arma 2: 112555

DayZ: 1.8.1

Epoch: 1.0.5.1

My players were getting this issue as well.

They just verified their game's cache and restarted their pc. It was fixed after that.

Tried this and didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

xBowBii, what do you mean with "the mission file +"? And where is the ca folder? The ca folder inside the dayz_code.pbo file?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

I've come across a weird situation. I managed to play Epoch for a few days in two different servers in the last week. All is freshly installed, from Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, DayZ and Epoch.

Today i fired up DayZ Commander and launched the game in a server where I've played for the last week and i couldn't get in.

First I noticed it was launching vanilla DayZ instead of epoch, so i added "-mod=@Dayz_epoch" to the additional parameters in Dayz Commander and it launched Epoch normally.

So I managed to reach the lobby of the server and i managed to see the splash screen of the server, but then the game crashes and the following message appears:

"Include file z\addons\dayz_code\system\ca\functions\init.sqf not found"

I downloaded PBO manager to open the dayz_code.pbo file and the init.sqf file really is there, so that's not the problem.

The strangeness of the situation is that i can join the other server I'm also playing. They both had the same versions because i was playing them at the same time.

I thought the problem could be server side, but my mates have kept playing in the server i can't log in and they haven't changed any of their versions.

Things I've tried:

Reinstall Arma 2, DayZ and Epoch

Downgrade Epoch to 1.5.0 and try to login (got wrong version message)

Upgrade Epoch again

Restart the PC 233463463456 times

Download the Epoch source and replace dayz_code.pbo (instead of letting DayZ Commander handling versions)

These are my versions:

Arma 2: 112555

DayZ: 1.8.1

Epoch: 1.0.5.1

Make sure that there is no space before your launch parameters in Dayz Commander.

• 1 month later...