is there a way to override the setting in the MOD pbo's?

grazskin

remove.sqf

Remove sapphires and rubies from the pool of gems:

if (_isMine) then {
            if((random 10) <= 4) then {
                _gems = ["ItemTopaz","ItemObsidian","ItemSapphire","ItemAmethyst","ItemEmerald","ItemCitrine","ItemRuby"];
                _gem = _gems select (floor(random (count _gems)));
                _selectedRemoveOutput set [(count _selectedRemoveOutput),[_gem,1]];
            };
        };

As far as I know, it only removes them from veins as minable gems. Edit the following files, then copy them to your mission file.

init.sqf

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
To:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "[your folder layout]\compiles.sqf";

compiles.sqf

player_removeObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf";
To:
player_removeObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "[your folder layout]\remove.sqf";

remove.sqf

if (_isMine) then {
_gems = ["ItemTopaz","ItemObsidian","ItemSapphire","ItemAmethyst","ItemEmerald","ItemCitrine","ItemRuby"];
};
};
To:
if (_isMine) then {
_gems = ["ItemTopaz","ItemObsidian","ItemAmethyst","ItemEmerald","ItemCitrine"];
};
};

Re-pack PBO, upload, restart server.

thanks

This way,  to change remove.sqf file, will not work. As i know, latest Epoch versions use config of Mine to get gem in output. 

I tried to exclude Ruby from remove.sqf, and nothing happened - people still can find it in mines.

This way,  to change remove.sqf file, will not work. As i know, latest Epoch versions use config of Mine to get gem in output. 

I tried to exclude Ruby from remove.sqf, and nothing happened - people still can find it in mines.

"config of Mine" ?

"config of Mine" ?

I think he's talking about the config files :rolleyes:

The config file only has the class configuration of the model for the Mine Veins not the output from the remove script.

If this is not working for you, maybe check over your code versus what fr1nk told you in post of this thread.

These files have to be pulled to your mission file to apply any changes to them.

I think he's talking about the config files :rolleyes:

The config file only has the class configuration of the model for the Mine Veins not the output from the remove script.

If this is not working for you, maybe check over your code versus what fr1nk told you in post of this thread.

These files have to be pulled to your mission file to apply any changes to them.

That's kinda what I guessed but from what I see, the only gem-related info in the config files is the actual definition of the classes.

I dunno, time to drink MOAR COFFEE!

edit: and...I just noticed you already commented about the class configuration. Really do need more coffee..