Overpoch Lag

Havoc302

Question

So I've been running this Overpoch server for about a week now, when we first launched it we copied everything direct from the development environment straight into the live server once it was provisioned by our hosting provider. We had some serious lag issues with the scroll wheel, trader menus, even things like the text that comes up when you enter a city, and stuff like vaults disappearing when opened (because the object was incredibly slow in being replaced with the open version). The hosting provider narrowed it down to the object data table and something that had come across from the development server so we blanked the object data table and it was fixed. Now, a week later randomly it's doing it again and we can't just go and blank the table, has anyone else seen this problem with Overpoch? Apparently it's some Overwatch item that causes it.

12 answers to this question

Well that's the thing right, it's been running just fine the last few days, even last night with 20 people on it had no DB related issues, it's just randomly started doing this. Our hosting provider said it's a glitchy weapon or item from Overwatch that when added to the database as an object causes this, I just can't seem to track down what it is, CCG's forum says it's the RH_muzi, which I just removed from the traders and all DB entries of it then restarted, still having the same problems.

I'm not convinced it's that because it's happening instantly after a restart with just a single player on who doesn't go anywhere near a trader. You can see it if you just go up to a vehicle and hit repair or salvage, it's very very slow to even load the items that are damaged, loads them one at a time with several seconds between them.

I meant that the lag start to get in over time. You will notice that when you released the server. Or when you were testing it alone. It was good. But when ppl started using the traders, lag started to build up. And it goes on after restarts. Its a database lag for sure. Stocks going up and down can also increase the load. I dont know man. I switch to config traders and it solved the lag and dysnc issue we were getting.

Yeah I've spent the last 6 hrs removing chunks of the object data table to narrow it down to about 20 objects, there's a few police cars in there too, I'm thinking might remove those entirely.

Gr8boi the lag doesn't start over time, the lag is instant, as in remove object data table, spawn in fresh vehicles and restart, instantly it's fixed, clear object data table and load back up old one and restart and instantly the lag is back. I can reproduce it for you if you'd like.

Found it and resolved it, it was one of the models of Overwatch police cars, not sure exactly which one as I removed a couple at a time from the object_data table but it's definitely a CVPI cop car. When I work out which one I'll post back. Took 7 hrs and lots of reloading the database to find it, what a pain in the arse!

One or maybe some of these classes of vehicles were causing the issues:

CVPI_Trooper_Patrol
CVPI_UnmarkedB_Patrol
CVPI_HighwaySL_Patrol
CVPI_LAPD_Patrol
CVPI_LAPDSL_Patrol
CVPI_NYPD_Patrol

With the vehicle on the map there was instantaneous scroll wheel, trader menu and general DB lag, as soon as I removed them and restarted the server it was like a switch had been flicked and everything worked perfectly. Might want to take note Overpoch server owners.

One or maybe some of these classes of vehicles were causing the issues:

CVPI_Trooper_Patrol
CVPI_UnmarkedB_Patrol
CVPI_HighwaySL_Patrol
CVPI_LAPD_Patrol
CVPI_LAPDSL_Patrol
CVPI_NYPD_Patrol

With the vehicle on the map there was instantaneous scroll wheel, trader menu and general DB lag, as soon as I removed them and restarted the server it was like a switch had been flicked and everything worked perfectly. Might want to take note Overpoch server owners.

WE have, a long time ago. ;)

no lag that I know off, but the some of the cars (police mainly) lag the shit out of a server

Thank you!! I was wondering why my 100 or so server-spawned police cars lagged out my server so badly. I had to revert that change within minutes due to the impact. Time to find another classname and put that back in!!