Error h_player_update(): model invalid json!

MrInfro

Adding to the confusion, I'm getting reports that when a backpack is placed on the ground players cannot pick it back up and receive an error "take item already in progress", I looked through the dump.log and can't find any errors during this time. After restarting the server it seemed to work.

I guess in the interim I will be restarting the server more frequently as right now I do not have it on a scheduled restart, just when I make a modification or change a setting until either a patch or new release is available.

Drew

• 2 weeks later...

I have been battling this for a while now as well. I also have the gender selection fixes and the default loadout moved out of writer.pl and into the mission files. One thing I have been doing is adding diag_log lines in the server's server_playerLogin.sqf, server_playerSync.sqf to see what functions are writing out the model variables.

If you have a player change clothes, you should see a line in your dump.log starting with "CHILD:201:" which is a player update (sync). At the end of that log line, you should see the skin name, like this:

":0:0:Rocker4_DZ:0:"

if you just changed to the Rocker4_DZ skin, or

":0:0:Survivor2_DZ:0:"

if using the default skin. What I have been seeing is update lines ending in this:

":0:0::0:"

showing that the model variable is getting lost or zeroed. One place this can happen is @dayz_epoch_server/addons/dayz_server/compile/server_playerSync.sqf here:

_currentModel = typeOf _character;

_modelChk = _character getVariable ["model_CHK",""];

if (_currentModel == _modelChk) then {

_currentModel = "";

} else {

_currentModel = _currentModel;

_character setVariable ["model_CHK",typeOf _character];

};

Regarding backpacks and gear issues and safe issues, I recommend you all check out the commits, bug reports, and pull requests at https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch . We're working on a psuedo-fork of that, so there are fixes from that very actively developed project that also apply to this project.

• 2 weeks later...