Players Can't build in cities?

Nakama Mind

Question

I have a few players trying to build on some hotel buildings and inside a few cities around the map, but when the try and place the plot pole down the message "Cannot build, too many objects within 30m" appears. I have no idea how to fix this or why it is happening, no other player bases are around. I have my build limit set fine, people have already built bases around the map. The problem seems to be withing large cities or on these hotel buildings in Lingor. Any suggestions would be great !

12 answers to this question

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing or conflicting with this? I looked through a lot of scripts and text and could not find anything that would cause the message "too many objects within 30m" to pop up. Except in my player builds which I have edited accordingly, when I installed snap building. Like I said, bases have been built and can be built away from what seems to be a large amount of buildings close to each other. Raising the build limit even worked for the bases that were already maxed out at 150. . . . Much confusion!

raised the build limit shouldnt effect where you can build. it just effects how many items you can have under the protection of one plot pole.

how close to roads are they trying to build?

do you have a custom plot pole range set?

although it looks like there are no other bases around have you tried a base delete bubble around the area just incase someone has a plot pole somwhere and they forgot about it?

but if its all cities thats strange.

but more importantly are you running 1.0.4?

raised the build limit shouldnt effect where you can build. it just effects how many items you can have under the protection of one plot pole.

how close to roads are they trying to build? No roads should be affecting it, I tried with a player yesterday on 3 or 4 different large buildings all around a 200-300m area. Apartments,a hotel and a some grassy areas in between rows of houses. (No roads near the grassy parts)

do you have a custom plot pole range set? I do not, however I am using a script to TP zombies away from plotpoles<----

although it looks like there are no other bases around have you tried a base delete bubble around the area just incase someone has a plot pole somwhere and they forgot about it? I thought this was a good idea myself and when I did all that was deleted were the items around the area and in the building, I think so anyway I had received a message saying *25 objects were deleted. *I don't remember the exact number of objects.

but if its all cities thats strange.

but more importantly are you running 1.0.4? No I am not 1.0.5.1, 112555, map is Lingor 1.5.

Thank you for the suggestions !!!

/*	
	For DayZ Epoch
	Addons Credits: Jetski Yanahui by Kol9yN, Zakat, Gerasimow9, YuraPetrov, zGuba, A.Karagod, IceBreakr, Sahbazz
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 7;	//The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu 
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;
// May prevent "how are you civillian?" messages from NPC
enableSentences false;

// DayZ Epoch config
DZE_BuildingLimit = 650;
spawnShoremode = 0; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea = 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 6; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 100; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 100; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 10000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 40; // Default = 40

dayz_paraSpawn = true;

dayz_sellDistance_vehicle = 10;
dayz_sellDistance_boat = 30;
dayz_sellDistance_air = 40;
dayz_poleSafeArea = 30; // Default = 30m, the buildable distance

dayz_maxAnimals = 5; // Default: 8
dayz_tameDogs = true;
DynamicVehicleDamageLow = 0; // Default: 0
DynamicVehicleDamageHigh = 100; // Default: 100

DZE_BuildOnRoads = false; // Default: False

DZE_teleport = [1000,100,500,200,800];

DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

DZE_ConfigTrader = true;

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",10,"Military"], ["any","any","any","any",25,"Treasure"], ["any","any","any","any",40,"Supplyitems"], ["any","any","any","any",55,"Construction"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];

dayz_fullMoonNights = true;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";	
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile 
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {
	//Compile vehicle configs
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_7.Lingor\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";				
	// Add trader citys
	_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_7.Lingor\mission.sqf";

_serverMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "compile\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";
	//Conduct map operations
	0 fadeSound 0;
	waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
	_nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_messages.sqf";
	//Custom Loadouts
	[] ExecVM "custom\scripts\loadout.sqf";
	//Run the player monitor
	_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
	_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
	//sidechat death		
    [] execVM "nosidechat.sqf";

// Epoch Admin Tools
_adminListHandle = [] execVM "admintools\AdminList.sqf";
waitUntil{scriptDone _adminListHandle};
if ( !((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList) && !((getPlayerUID player) in ModList) && !((getPlayerUID player) in tempList)) then 
{
  [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
};

// Epoch Admin Tools
[] execVM "admintools\AdminList.sqf";

//Lights
[0,0,true,true,false,56,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
};
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"
// Epoch Admin Tools
[] execVM "admintools\Activate.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"; 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

[] execVM "custom\scripts\Markers v.3.sqf";

[] execVM "AGN\agn_SafeZoneCommander.sqf";

[] execVM "custom\scripts\safezone.sqf";

[] execVM "custom\scripts\Island_loot_box.sqf";

[] execVM "custom\scripts\base_SafeArea.sqf";

is there a reason your not calling that buildlimit back with the other DZE switches? i mean i guess it shouldnt matter, but it looks pretty high up there to me

Yea I unno, Just kinda pasted it in, does not matter tho. I moved it around it did nothing! ! ! !  Thanks DOE !!!! !