Build snapping for vilayer

sirblockwood

Question

10 answers to this question

Hey sirblockwood, I've seen you make several posts asking how to do very simple things on your vilayer server and let me give you a friendly piece of advice, research the things you want to do and then do them. Don't mistake my tone, I'm not saying this to be a dick rather I'm saying it so you can learn. I spent about a month figuring all of this stuff out before I ever posted in this forum and because I've spent so much time making mistake after mistake and figuring it out on my own I'm much better for it. Pretty much every simple thing you want to do has a tutorial some where for it, if you follow them you'll learn SO much more then just having someone show you exactly how to do it all. I myself am running an Overpoch server on Vilayer and feel your pain, but trust me try and do this stuff on your own, I've had things take me days to figure out but in the end I'm better for having done it that way. Best regards.

I agree with Nema, I spent 2 weeks trying to install sarge AI.... it was my first script, and it was really stupid for me to take that long, but i finally got it working and my struggle with other scripts got less worse. But If you'd like I spend a large amout of my free time helping others with small and big things I don't mind showing you what direction to go but it's definitely worth it to yell at your screen for a little while :)

My ts is ts44.gameservers.com:9384 if you really need the help

Sirblockwood - I believe there are a number of videos that explains well how to use the /vilayercustomcode/ folder when you code. 

Doping a search for "add custom code to Vilayer" and selecting the option gave me a few results, this one amongst them: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zueGoDe8FE

Beyond that - the Snapping (And Snapping Pro) installation instructions are amongst the best there is imo - if you follow them exactly, it will take you very little time to add it in. 

If you fail and something breaks - there is your learning opportunity! :) 

Always remember: Before changing any code, ensure you have a backup. In case of ViLayer, always make a backup of the /vilayercustomcode/dayz.epoch and /vilayercustomcode/mission/epoch.{mapname} .

Simple thing to remember with vilayer

The vilayercodecustom folder is basically the contents of the server.pbo and mission.pbo file

Inside the folder are a bunch of dayz folders - these are your server side files (server.pbo)

There is also a missions folder , inside here are all the mission folders (this is your mission.pbo) anything you put in your chosen mission folder will be what players have to download when they join so be careful on leaving backup copies of files etc in here (I have made this mistake before several times)

When you restart your server vilayer pull all this together into the required structure

You obviously also have your master configuration folder where your server config lives , you can set server name in here and if you need a password to join etc

Hope some of this helps :)