CfgMagazines

Incar

Question

Although I'm pretty sure the answer is no I'm gonna ask anyway. Is it possible to have CfgMagazines.hpp controlled server side, has anyone managed it? Would really like to make new craftable objects that are stored in crates as appose to other methods available which jump straight to building an object from an inventory of mixed items.

3 answers to this question

When you state that everyone would have to download the entire PBO? Do you mean the game itself (@DayZ_Namalsk) for example? I'm trying to add warm clothes to Epoch Namalsk. I have them working but they do not remain after the restart (I can figure out DB writes) but the main problem is the CfgMagazines.hpp file throws up an error: NoEntry\Config.bin/CfgMagazines.hpp.

I've also considered overwriting the CfgMagazines.hpp (#include "CfgMagazines.hpp") but that comes with a massive rework. I understand that all instances in the PBO where it states: configFile >> CfgMagazines >> etc, need to be changed to: missionconfigFile >> CfgMagazines >> etc.

Which in turn means overwriting all files in compiles.sqf to point to the new CfgMagazines.hpp. Although a lot of work do you think this would work?

Or how about copying the entire CfgMagazines.hpp and editing every class line with : WC, at the beginning eg: CfgMagazines becomes CfgWCMagazines, Class Skinbase becomes: Class WCSkinbase and so on...?

As the different classes are never called except in the case of WarmClothes.sqf wouldn't that work?