Can't get two computers on the same router to join the same server at the same time

s20j24n2

Trying to play with my son on two different computers connected to the same router. We both can join servers separately without a problem, but if one of us is connected and the other one tries to connect to the same server they get stuck at "waiting for host" screen. Does anyone know a way around this? We both own the game from steam and are logged in on our own accounts.

Thanks Dronetek, nothing on that post helped. Pretty sure I  will have to change some router settings but not comfortable doing that. I was hoping maybe someone had done it before and could guide me. Did you wind up getting a second router and connecting both to your internet? I am not sure if my isp (Cox) will allow that.

Thanks Dronetek, nothing on that post helped. Pretty sure I  will have to change some router settings but not comfortable doing that. I was hoping maybe someone had done it before and could guide me. Did you wind up getting a second router and connecting both to your internet? I am not sure if my isp (Cox) will allow that.

Do what I did and get a cheap gaming or media router.

• 1 month later...

Humm. Don,t think the router would cause this but by chance your using two seperate purchased installs of arma and each logged into steam under different accounts. What im thinking is if not your playeruid would be the same and the server will only allow one instance to run on it at the same time.

Player name doesn,t matter but the player uid is tied to each purchased copy of the game. 

May be wrong but my best guess.