Add an M32 or RPG to Sarge AI

koolblue87

Question

Hello, I have tried to add an rpg or an m32 to the sarge ai so they would shoot  at vehicles but I am having some issues. I am not sure if I am doing this right but here is what I have. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_band_leader_weapon_list = ["RPG7V","M32_EP1","M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M","M240_DZ","AKS_GOLD","AK_74_GL","AK_107_GL_kobra","Sa58P_EP1"];
SAR_band_leader_pistol_list = [];

// potential item list for leaders -> Item / Chance 1 - 100
SAR_band_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanPasta",60],["ItemSilverBar",40],["ItemComboLock",1]];
SAR_band_leader_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",5],["NVGoggles",5],["ItemRadio",100]];

2 answers to this question

I may be mis-remembering this but... I think they only fire RPG's at large/armoured targets. (I'm certain I've seen them fire RPG's at helicopters.)

Otherwise they just sort of run around in circles holding the launcher but never actually firing it.

I think it also works the other way around... if you give them standard rifles etc and approach them in an armoured vehicle, they won't fire because they know their shots won't damage the vehicle.

So what exactly is the problem? Are they not spawning with those weapons at all? I don't see anything wrong with the section of the config you posted. What should happen is whenever a bandit group spawns, the leader (which there's only one of per group) will be given one of the weapons off that list at random. So they won't have RPGs or M32s every time unless you remove all other weapons from the list.