Can't upgrade to 112555

1fastc4

I performed all the updates on DayZ commander and it says I am up to date with 1.63 and 112555.  when I try to connect to the servers  I want to play via dayz commander,  it gets stuck forever on "wait for host". If I hit escape from there it goes to the main start up arma 2 oa screen and in the lower right it says version 1.63.112555.  But, when I try to display some servers it gets stuck at "receiving" indefinitely. I even has the powered by Gamespy icon in the upper right... wth is up with that? I never used gamespy/

HOWEVER, if I run arma 2 oa from it's desktop icon it runs as version 1.63.125402.  

I do not have multiple installs of the game. I have tried just about every setting I can on Steam and DayZ commander. I downgraded to 1.62.  I uninstalled entirely and reinstalled. 

Every time I try to update the game to build 112555 it says it has successfully  installed it.  Tried to update build manually.    

4 hours gone and I have gotten nowhere.   any ideas?

Overwrite the Arma2OA.exe here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

With the one from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta

Sometimes it doesnt pull / use the exe from the Beta folder but if you manually overwrite it, it has no choice.

Are you purposely trying to use the old version? Your Arma 2 OA is updated to the current version. Just start Arma 2 OA, click on Multiplayer and choose a server. Dayz Commander won't be showing at servers running the current version unless they release an update that lets it query Steam.

I performed all the updates on DayZ commander and it says I am up to date with 1.63 and 112555.  when I try to connect to the servers  I want to play via dayz commander,  it gets stuck forever on "wait for host". If I hit escape from there it goes to the main start up arma 2 oa screen and in the lower right it says version 1.63.112555.  But, when I try to display some servers it gets stuck at "receiving" indefinitely. I even has the powered by Gamespy icon in the upper right... wth is up with that? I never used gamespy/

HOWEVER, if I run arma 2 oa from it's desktop icon it runs as version 1.63.125402.  

I do not have multiple installs of the game. I have tried just about every setting I can on Steam and DayZ commander. I downgraded to 1.62.  I uninstalled entirely and reinstalled. 

Every time I try to update the game to build 112555 it says it has successfully  installed it.  Tried to update build manually.    

4 hours gone and I have gotten nowhere.   any ideas?

Go look for my And my

when you run the game and it says 1.63.125402 it is because you launched the game with a different EXE.  The exe in the main folder is for 125402+ and above.  The exe in the Expansion\beta folder is for 112555 and below.  This explains why you might have 2 different versions depending on what shortcut you use.  Or it could be a bug with updating.  My rollback guide will get you back on track without doing full reinstall

Brockie, I have done all that but did it again just for kicks.  The results didn't change., I also did a full reinstall, deleting all game content and reinstalling and STILL got the same results.... wait for host.... I can't get the game updated.

I don't get it.

You said you want to connect to servers VIA commander, correct?   Just want to clarify.

In your steam library -> arma 2 OA -> properties -> beta tab -> make sure you select 1.62 - older version of the game.

Now that I think of it:  Wait for host might not be version issue.  If it was a bad version issue, it should give you an error that says bad version or something like that.  What is the version of the server you are trying to connect to?

Wait for host might mean it's having trouble connecting.   Maybe this is because you are trying to get on a newer steam server with older non-steam beta?  I don't know if this would give Wait for Host or not.  Or maybe check all your port settings, port forwarding, IP, etc.

Hope it works!

Brockie, first off, thanks for the help man.. .this is really buggin me.   Ok, yes I try to connect via commander and it says "wait for host" When I hit escape, the t version, which is the version the server is running says 1.63 112555.

Up in the upper right it says expansion beta.  when I run arma 2 oa from the desktop(not the beta)  I get an older version.

Here's what I did today:  I unstalled everything, even Steam, I went into my registry and deleted everything related to Bohemia and Valve.  Reinstalled everything and got the same results.

I think you are right about it not being a version issue.  Here's another piece of the puzzle. After running Commander and getting the wait for host message, I hit escape.  This takes me to the server menu.. only it doesn't populate... there are no servers there. The game actually locks up for a few seconds then won't list any servers.  I have nothing but default in the filter.  If I run arma2 oa beta from the desktop I get the exact same thing. 

If I run regular arma 2 oa (not beta) from the desktop I can connect to servers but only those with older versions. My version here is 163.125402. 

I don't know much about port settings or port forwarding... any ideas?  thanks

edit: even when I click on remote and type in the correct ip and port, it won't connect.

edit2: when I start the game through DayZ commander.. it starts the game twice!  WTH?

Brockie, first off, thanks for the help man.. .this is really buggin me.   Ok, yes I try to connect via commander and it says "wait for host" When I hit escape, the t version, which is the version the server is running says 1.63 112555.

Up in the upper right it says expansion beta.  when I run arma 2 oa from the desktop(not the beta)  I get an older version.

Here's what I did today:  I unstalled everything, even Steam, I went into my registry and deleted everything related to Bohemia and Valve.  Reinstalled everything and got the same results.

I think you are right about it not being a version issue.  Here's another piece of the puzzle. After running Commander and getting the wait for host message, I hit escape.  This takes me to the server menu.. only it doesn't populate... there are no servers there. The game actually locks up for a few seconds then won't list any servers.  I have nothing but default in the filter.  If I run arma2 oa beta from the desktop I get the exact same thing. 

If I run regular arma 2 oa (not beta) from the desktop I can connect to servers but only those with older versions. My version here is 163.125402. 

I don't know much about port settings or port forwarding... any ideas?  thanks

edit: even when I click on remote and type in the correct ip and port, it won't connect.

edit2: when I start the game through DayZ commander.. it starts the game twice!  WTH?

Ok firstly, your desktop shortcut might be the problem.  Depending on which folder it is looking in will launch different versions of arma.  I recommend until you get this sorted only use commander or steam to launch the game.

I have a couple questions...

1.  Are you the server hoster, or just trying to connect to a server?

2.  What is the exact version the server is running on?  is it 112555? 

3.  Which steam beta did you pick? In/Out/1.62?

Steam options:  there's 3 options in the OA->Properties->beta

option 1:  opt-out of beta                             (version 1.63.125402)

option 2:  1.62 - older version of the game  (version 1.62.95248)  This option will allow you to install the dayz commander builds.

option 3:  opt-in for beta                              (version 1.63.125548)

By what you told me... you have version 112555 in your beta folder.  I believe this means you need to be on steam option 2.

If you are seeing version 125402 then you are on the wrong steam option.

Port forwarding is only necessary if you are the server hoster.

I set the option to option 2. I am not the host... I am connecting to a server. The server is running on 112555.

OK, I turned off my firewall(Bitdefender)  and am able to connect, but DayZ commander still launches 2 versions of the game. one is expansion 1.62.95248.   the second is: beta expansion 1.63.112555

that is very strange.  don't know why it would be doing that.  also turn your firewall back on as it shouldnt be a problem

im not a firewall expert but turning it off can't be the right solution, if it is causing you problems you need to allow the app the get through

hi, try to install 112555 via dayz commander - go to settings in dayz commander and check the boxes: copy beta files and start using steam.