Sarge AI Heli will not attack.

DethMarine

Question

6 answers to this question

Does anyone know why Sarge Ai Heli's will not attack I set them to all bandits and still they just fly around doing nothing.

They attack but not always you must be in the range in your config usually they not attack you by foot or in car but in heli it happend already 2-3 times on me :D

When your server has the Power extend the range than they should also can attack peoples.

It is most likely to do with a couple things.

One possibility is the server does not know your character is there which is a bug we've had frequently, your RPT log will report "player not found" occasionally. We had this error so bad that zombies would walk up to you and not attack unless you rubbed against them.

The other one is the way the AI works, the heli's are set so that they have a low chance to engage targets on foot unless you engage them first. If you are in a vehicle they have a fairly high chance to shoot at you. I lost an Armoured BRDM to a bandit Hind. I believe you can change a setting in the config to increase the chances of spotting.

AI foot will not attack people in armoured vehicles unless they have weapons powerful enough to do so.  

This might have something to do with it, but it's just a guess - sometimes, AI on the ground will hesitate even if you're standing directly in front of them, since the hostile check is pending. Choppers move around at much greater speed, so it could be that the check is being done when players are out of range and therefore it thinks there are no hostiles nearby.

SAR_config.sqf

//the interval in seconds that an AI scans for new hostiles. The lower this value, the more accurate, but your server will see an impact. Recommended value: 15
SAR_DETECT_INTERVAL = 15;