1.0.5.1 custom map additions not working

HellWalker

Question

Hey guys, i'm trying to add a custom map addition into my server (overpoch Chernarus 1.0.5.1/112555)

But they just don't appear...

This is my init.sqf (I was doing this method before and was working)

if (isServer) then {

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";
//Compile vehicle configs

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\lakecastle.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\aircraft.sqf";

};

My custom maps i toke from this forum, wasn't working, i tried to remove some lines, but not has changed... does anyone knows what may be wrong?

This is the file script:

// Goggi Aircraft Carrier
// by DaddelGoggi
if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_LHD_1", [7469.4985, 2696.7188, -2.3562648], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;

_this setPos [7469.4985, 2696.7188, -2.3562648];
};

_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_LHD_2", [7469.481, 2696.7603, -2.3448014], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_2 = _this;

_this setPos [7469.481, 2696.7603, -2.3448014];
};

};

17 answers to this question

have you tried adding it to your server? in the folder init you should find server_functions.sqf

at the very bottom put your call command

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\lakecastle.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\map\aircraft.sqf";

Yes, i tried that..

The only way i made it working was calling it from the init on the MPMIssion, but there is no loot spawn..

I don't know what may be wrong with this time..

Hmm, I was under the impression "\z\addons" was a path pointing into the standard pbos.

I myself add something like

if (isServer) then {
	  execVM "bases\bases.sqf";
  };

at the bottom of my <EpochServerBaseDir>\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\init.sqf and bases\ is a directory I created in the same directory.

Regarding loot spawn there was a difference between versions of buildings, one spawning, the other (the map_ variant) not, e.g. "Land_Mil_Barracks_i" spawns, "Map_Mil_Barracks" not.

Hmm, I was under the impression "\z\addons" was a path pointing into the standard pbos.

I myself add something like

if (isServer) then {
	  execVM "bases\bases.sqf";
  };

at the bottom of my <EpochServerBaseDir>\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\init.sqf and bases\ is a directory I created in the same directory.

Regarding loot spawn there was a difference between versions of buildings, one spawning, the other (the map_ variant) not, e.g. "Land_Mil_Barracks_i" spawns, "Map_Mil_Barracks" not.

I'm able to spawn the buildings atm.. but with no loot spawn.. 

is yours working? With loot spawn?

Yes, our servers have some lootable barracks added to the map with the very same code I quoted.

The barracks are set like

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [1415.1774, 2360.5083], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setDir -242.52527;
  _this setPos [1415.1774, 2360.5083];
};

The only thing I've read in the forums regarding loot spawn was that you have to use the "Map_" variants of a building if you don't want to have loot.

To avoid facepalming: I assume you have walked to the buildings to test them, not teleported or used a vehicle? ;-)

Yes, our servers have some lootable barracks added to the map with the very same code I quoted.

The barracks are set like

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [1415.1774, 2360.5083], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setDir -242.52527;
  _this setPos [1415.1774, 2360.5083];
};

The only thing I've read in the forums regarding loot spawn was that you have to use the "Map_" variants of a building if you don't want to have loot.

To avoid facepalming: I assume you have walked to the buildings to test them, not teleported or used a vehicle? ;-)

My code looks like yours, except for the _setdir, some of them don't have it, but almost all of the objects have it.

and yes, i tried to go to the place walking, from a good distance... I'll try it again later today with other players to see what happens, but for now, we had no success with it.. 

Hmmm, out of ideas....

Do have any loot at all? Zombies?

With 1.0.5 the custom loot table format has changed, so if you have set DZE_MissionLootTable = true; in your init.sqf and have no or a malformed or old-style custom loot table this would result in no loot at all, anywhere.

Maybe you've a server wide problem and were only looking at the newly added buildings?

Honestly add them in through server, mine work fine. Simply put the sqf files in a /buildings/ folder in your server pbo and then add the call lines to the end of server_functions 

Yeas, i just did it, because it was working before i updated my server to 1.0.5.1.

I was calling it from the MPMission, in the init.sqf.. Wasn't working, so i tried to call it from the server_functions, but not even the buildings were spawning. The only way i can make them show up on the map is by putting the folder in the MPMission directory and calling from the same init. Otherwise, it's not working. But then.. No loot spawn

Hmmm, out of ideas....

Do have any loot at all? Zombies?

With 1.0.5 the custom loot table format has changed, so if you have set DZE_MissionLootTable = true; in your init.sqf and have no or a malformed or old-style custom loot table this would result in no loot at all, anywhere.

Maybe you've a server wide problem and were only looking at the newly added buildings?

Well, now you made me think.....

Yes, i'm using DZE_MissionLootTable = true and i know the format has changed.

But i also changed my files to match the new format (i took the file from here:  )

And everywhere else the loot is spawning correctly, i added the overwatch spawns.

But only in the new buildings they are not.

If i make mapadditions 

i add them to my mission file inside a Addons folder and then in the init.sqf at the bottom i write

[] execVM "addons\starytrader.sqf";

Allways worked for me

Do you have them working on 1.0.5.1 overpoch server?

Because i can't make my show on the map, when i do.. there is no loot spawn ;(

Ok, now i could make somethings to spawn.. I don't know how.. But not all of the buildings are spawning.... Just some of them.

But not the new one's, just the old.. like firestation and old barracks, btw control tower is not spawning at all.. not even zombies.. 

Problem related to this, perhaps to be fixed by using the DL in #3?

I was already using that custom loot table =/

damn.. I just can't make the custom building placing them in the dayz_server pbo

Only by the MPMission.. But i also noticed zombies kind of ignore the buildings this way, they just go trough all the objects