Console spam and some player data not saving

Curtis

Question

Hey, I'm a little confused on this one. First I'd like to say we are running the Linux Epoch server, although I don't believe that makes any difference in this case. We currently run Epoch 1.0.4.2 and ArmA 2 112555 (1.63) although this was happening on 1.62 also.

The error only seems to happen to me on the servers me and my friend own. We have tried re-uploading the ArmA files, I've deleted and re-installed the game at least 4 times.

The error creates some weird situations.

For example:

-I get into a plane that I spawned, it isn't there for anyone else, they just see me stood there doing the 'get in' animation. But, they can see me fire weapons from it.

-I build something, it's there for me but no one else and gone when I re-log.

-I abort to the lobby, when clicking the button to continue I get 0kb/0kb for the mission file and it will not continue, requiring me to close the game to fix it.

-I put an item in a vehicles gear, I go back and cannot take it out, and it is not there for anyone else.

The console spam is:

6:20:12 Server: Object 3:14 not found (message 99)
 6:20:12 Server: Object 3:16 not found (message 99)
 6:20:12 Server: Object 3:18 not found (message 99)
 6:20:12 Server: Object 3:12 not found (message 99)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:14 not found (message 99)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:16 not found (message 99)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:17 not found (message 91)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:18 not found (message 99)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:10 not found (message 99)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:14 not found (message 98)
 6:20:13 Server: Object 3:19 not found (message 91)

This spam will happen endlessly when I am on the server, and as soon as it starts, nothing I do will sync apart from movement.

There doesn't really seem to be a trigger, it just happens at random I believe.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

My mate had this same issue.  Turns out his ISP was having issues.  I think he swapped out his router and it fixed the issues, but I'm pretty sure it was just his ISP at fault and the router change gave it enough time to fix itself :)

The error creates some weird situations.

For example:

-I get into a plane that I spawned, it isn't there for anyone else, they just see me stood there doing the 'get in' animation. But, they can see me fire weapons from it.

-I build something, it's there for me but no one else and gone when I re-log.

-I abort to the lobby, when clicking the button to continue I get 0kb/0kb for the mission file and it will not continue, requiring me to close the game to fix it.

-I put an item in a vehicles gear, I go back and cannot take it out, and it is not there for anyone else.

The console spam is:

This spam will happen endlessly when I am on the server, and as soon as it starts, nothing I do will sync apart from movement.

There doesn't really seem to be a trigger, it just happens at random I believe.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Just a quick thought here, but it sounds like you may have added things client side only:

if (!isDedicated) then {
    < ... IS YOUR MOD CODE HERE? ... >
};
That would explain, why ONLY you see these things, and the server is spamming the "can't find..." message. Possible?

=170= Sven2157

I'll take a look into this, but I don't understand why this would affect all vehicles/items/etc.

It could be just a regular MTVR that I add items to and they still will not sync with the server once that spam starts.

Just a quick thought here, but it sounds like you may have added things client side only:

if (!isDedicated) then {
    < ... IS YOUR MOD CODE HERE? ... >
};
That would explain, why ONLY you see these things, and the server is spamming the "can't find..." message. Possible?

=170= Sven2157

Hi Sven,  This would possibly be a cause if all the players in the server had this problem, but Curtis is the only person this has happened to so far. I've gone as far as re-uploading the whole server and re-creating the mission file/server file

Dean

Is there actually any way to find out what objects are causing this issue? From what I have heard, the info given in that spam isn't really useful for finding what specific object it is.

I did find something saying this spam is related to zeds despawning, however, it shouldn't cause this issue if that was the case. :/