Need help! Adding custom Load screen.

The Lone Survivor

Question

i want to add a custom load screen i had created in photoshop following a youtube instuctional video, ive attatched the photo below  i am running a dayz epoch panthera server hosted by GTX not dayzst please only post if you know how to do it specifily for dayz epoch panthera on a GTX hosted server.

post-10593-0-65628200-1403745516_thumb.j

19 answers to this question

Make sure your image is 2048x1024 as fr1nk said. Upload the image into your MPMissions folder. In your descriptions.ext change the loadscreen to...

loadScreen = "LoadScreen.jpg";

If it doesn't work you're doing something wrong, I'm with GTX and it works fine.

i understand how to to edit the deicription.exe file but which one im playing on panthera so it be the panthera one correct or is itstill the cherno one? and i add the image to the mpmissions folder or inside the specific mission folder in it IE the pathera mission folder? sorry im really new to scripting and i really want to make this server the best it can be in the past i tryed to script a server but the only way i was successful in scripting is adding pre made script packs but most the time it wasnt fully funtional i do have a list of all the stuff id like to add if anyone would be will to help me out in the afternoons on skype that be great and id really like to learn to script as ive joined many awsome servers.

lastly is the 2048x1024 inches/pixels/what?

edit: If you're hosting a Panthera map, you'd be editing the description.ext here.

If you use:

loadScreen = "picture.jpg";

Then place picture.jpg in the mpmission root folder (the same folder where init.sqf, mission.sqm, and server_traders.sqf are located).

how do i get 2048x1024 in photshop is that pixels,inches,militmeters whats the measurement for that

also can i title to image loadscreen or do i have to title it loadscreen.jpg

last question i herd if you compress the image it will decrease the mission file size when loading the game is that true and if so how do it do that

When you want to save the image, don't just select "Save As", instead select "Save For Web". Near the top right of the window that opens you'll see quality. Adjust that setting to reduce the file size. Depending on the style of your image, you can reduce as low as 50% without effecting how it looks too much, but reduce the size quite a bit. I myself set my screen to 60%, and it runs me about 350kb. Then just make sure it's set to JPEG and save.

wow ok i got it to work its going to be a long road scripting lol the only thing is theres a small bit of black around the edge of the image a a bit more where the loading bar is. is that fixable or is that just how its supposed to be? im playing using my pc as a monitor could that be the reason? also do you know where i can find a dayz mission mod for panthera ive found alot for cherno but none for panthera

when the game is loading and it shows the custom load screen i selected around the load screen is a little bit of a black border as the image does not take up the whole screen is that normally how it is? and so your saying that Sarge AI work will for all panthera, tavina, cherno, etc without any added scripting or editing between the maps?