Member already defined issue (local traders)

ilganna

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm running a test Overpoch Napf server, but I have one issue with setting up the local traders, I get this error:

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\Category\FriendlyPistolAmmo.hpp, line 4: /CfgTraderCategory/Category_625/RH_7Rnd_50_AE.buy: Member already defined.

Before switching to local traders, everything was working fine, so I'm out of ideas where the issue can be. (I already tried to search all files for a duplicated entry)

For review, I'll upload my local traders file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ixepvotj04mxwg/cfgServerTrader.zip

Please note that I spent some hours on porting the items; everything, beside the pistol ammo data (Friendly/Neutral), is working so If you're using my modified files, at least say thanks.

Thanks for any input.

P.S. I know that maybe I will not get support since I'm mixing mods, but it was worth try ;)

7 answers to this question

Hi Defent,

the two entries are for different traders, one is for

class Category_625 (Trader 625)

The other is for

class Category_484 (Trader 484)

In any case I tried to remove the entry from the trader 484, however the same error happens.

Also the original error is on line 4, which is the beginning of file: it seems that the Desert Eagle magazine is inizialized somewhere; but where? :(

Thanks for your tip ;)

Did you try removing all the instance of magazines starting with RH_ ? If so, did the problem still persist?

Hi Defent,

If I remove all instances of the RH_ magazines from the Friendly/Neutral pistol ammo trader, it works then... However the only source of those magazines, will be finding them around.

The thing that surprises me is that before switching to local traders data, I had those magazines in the DB and with the same configuration as the local file.

Thanks, best regards

Hi,

I just found what was wrong: copy paste syndrome!

if you look at the pistolammo trader data you'll see I defined twice the buy[] price instead of stating buy[] and sell[] prices. (I feel dumb :P )

I should not keep working on the same files over and over the same day ;)

Thanks for your help Defent!