[Suggestion] Dog tags and faction.

Ballz

If you kill 3 you won't get any rep unless 3 has actually gained some. You wouldn't start with rep.

I have 5k rep.

Someone kills me.

I lose 50% of my rep.

I have 2.5k rep.

My killer gained 2.5k rep.

I spawn in with no rep.

Someone kills me.

I lose 50% of my rep.

I have 0 rep.

My killer gained 0 rep.

I have 5k rep.

I get killed by a npc.

I lose 50% of my rep.

I have 2.5k rep.

2.5k rep was removed from the game.

I totally understand your logic on this but if you think about a survival game then really if you die you should loose everything.

If you happen to stumble on a body you just happened to know was there that contained the items and gear that another survivor who just died had dropped and you just happened to stumble across that survivors base and had their keys to access the house then that is (at a stretch) somewhat plausible.

A new spawned survivor would be a new person in relation to faction leaders or traders. They have never meet them before.  maybe make the bartering system based of the tags from the OP or from the collected ears I suggested.  That way you can horde them or spend them. and do away with a persistent or non-persistent honor or rep or experience system that can be exploited.

Of course all of this is only valid if they are developing this sort of trader or faction system.  Hopefully we will see a further developed and overview in the coming weeks or months.

If you kill 3 you won't get any rep unless 3 has actually gained some. You wouldn't start with rep.

So no one can ever gain rep since no one ever starts with rep and you can only gain rep if you kill someone with it.

????

I don't think you have thought this through because the logic holes are HUGE.

So no one can ever gain rep since no one ever starts with rep and you can only gain rep if you kill someone with it.

????

I don't think you have thought this through because the logic holes are HUGE.

you didn't read correctly then. I was suggesting maybe going with a different mechanic.  I am not talking about a persistent rep system with my last post. I was suggesting that you collect some item from player or ai kills. collect enough and you can either trade in to talk with the NPC's when you have collected enough or maybe the NPC's only accept the items as payment everything or maybe for exclusive items.

if you die and loose the items as they stay with your body, then you have to start from scratch collecting.  if you can recover the items from your body then you don't have to start from scratch.

Remember that I said you would be a new survivor after each death. so how can the NPC's know you, as the character they knew, has died.