Adding Custom Loot Spawns to Vilayer Server

Tricks

Question

Hello does anyone have an updated tutorial on how to add custom loot spawns to a Vilayer server? I tried following the one on OpenDayz but my server doesn't have the CFG files he mentioned.

Even simplier, I just want to add AS50's and M107s to the loot spawn tables. Any help would be great!

1 answer to this question

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-custom-loot-for-epoch-1-0-4-2.18628/

That is the base script I used (note second post for fixes required). If you're on 112555 it may not work correctly, it didn't for me, however I ended up noticing some issues in my files after which may have been the cause, not sure as I revert back to 103718. Now for a bit of explanation.

cfglootbuilding is obviously what deals with building spawns. You can add items directly into it, or load groups from cfgloot and cfglootsmall. Adding single items can be done like...

{"ItemKnife", "weapon"}, //Indicates it is for a weapon slot, and it will spawn alone.
{"ItemKnife", "military"}, //you can instead add military, generic, etc, titles of groups from cfgloot, which will have that item spawn with some random items from the group.

At the bottom you'll get stuff like

class Land_HouseV_2L : Residential {   //Building ID : Class
        lootPosZombie[] = {{-4.25684, -3.86255, -3.11304}, {4.41699, 1.95239, -3.05204}};
        lootPosSmall[] = {{4.39404, 1.28296, -3.96535}, {4.12988, 2.52222, -3.95569}};
    };

So it will load the possible loot from the Residential Class. I myself have taken the time to create new classes to throw buildings into so the types of items found at certain places make more sense. Never liked seeing military weapons spawning in fire stations, but perhaps that's just me. Below the class information is the internal building coordinates for where the items/zombies will spawn. In that example it has spawn points for zombies and lootsmall. Most of it is pretty easy to figure out if you read it over carefully, but hopefully that bit of info offers some starting help.

Edit: As for adding it to vilayer, you just need to make the changes in your MPMission folder within the file manager. I think that's how it works with Vilayer.