Multiple Servers - Single Box

Mystykall

Question

I'm trying to set up 2 servers using one directory install of the "server files". Is it possible to set up the server this way as to split the config files? I have different dayz_server.pbo for each server.

I am pretty sure I saw a post about this type of setup before, and have tried setting it up. With 1.0.5 coming out I would like to clarify to save some room on my SSD.

I realize this is kind of vague, but what i'm looking to do is have two config files (Server 1 and Server 2) each with their own versions of @dayz_epoch_server, Instance_XX_XXXXX, and MPMissions.

8 answers to this question

I understand that, I ran into some issues in setting it up.

say I have c:\serverfiles that has all the arma2 files in it. So I would run the following:

arma2oaserver1.exe -port=2302 "-config=c:\server1\instance_11_chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=c:\server1\instance_11_chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_chernarus" -name=instance_11_chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;" "-BEpath=C:\server1\Battleye"

arma2oaserver2.exe -port=2312 "-config=c:\server2\instance_24_Napf\config.cfg" "-cfg=c:\server2\instance_24_Napf\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_24_Napf" -name=instance_24_Napf "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;" "-BEpath=C:\Server2\Battleye"

my two config files would be server1 and server2.

The part that I couldn't figure out was the @DayZ_Epoch_Server, so each server had it's own unique one. 

Okay, that's where I was thinking I had to go after doing more searching of Dayzmod topics. I just couldn't find any topics on it here, so I figured I would create one.

Also, do you use infistar? If so where would the dll's for that go if I want logs for each of the servers? in the respective config files?

Also, do you use infistar? If so where would the dll's for that go if I want logs for each of the servers? in the respective config files?

Did you find out about having the dlls in separate folders? I'm currently struggling with this...

ahconfig says to change the blank path at the top of the file if you move the extra files to a separate location but, I have tried that and it doesn't seem to work...

I have emailed Chris but, I know he's really busy. Has anyone else figured this out?

Thanks in advance.

you should be fine using the same @dayz_epoch_server for both.

Make sure both your server versions aren't targeting the same schemas in your database. That's a common problem.

hi, thanks for your reply.

I have both servers up and running with separate db's, instance folders, mission pbo, @dayz_server folders and infiSTAR working on both. But, what I'm trying to do is to separate the infiSTAR log files between the 2 servers.

In ahconfig it asks for you to add the path to the dlls if not in the root. I have put countless paths in there and moved the files around but can't get infiSTAR to log. It only seems to log if in the root.....?