How to increase zombie spawns?

Chris9183

Question

Hey, well I managed to make the zombies move slowly, but now I need to drastically increase their spawn rate. Since they move slower, there needs to be a LOT more of them to deal with.

I've searched the forums over and googled endlessly about this but haven't found any method that works. Could someone help me out with this? I just don't know what files to edit or what parts of them to edit.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Thing is, I did that...I modified the maxlocalzombies and maxzeds to be very high, and there was no difference at all. 

Could 

dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit

and

dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease

have something to do with it?

I guess I'll try those next.

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Init.sqf

It's all in the init.sqf file

Yeah I'm sorry to say that none of the zombie-related lines in init.sqf affect the zombie spawn count, not one bit.

There must be something deep in the dayz_code somewhere that controls this. Does anyone have any idea how to increase the number of zombie spawns?

add this too your init
change numbers for more zombies

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 50; // Default = 30
dayz_maxZeds = 150;
dayz_maxGlobalZombies = 150;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 15;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 5;

Thanks for trying to help, but you didn't read the thread man. I just did that and it doesn't work.

Hi y'all, 

Go into your CFGbuilding loot folder and then open your CFGbuildingloot.sqf, then edit each building. 
        zombieChance = 1; // can range from 0 - 1, 
        minRoaming = 20; //minimum amount of zeds to spawn from or around building. 
        maxRoaming = 25; //Maximum amount of zeds to spawn from or around building.
        zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","z_hunter","z_teacher"}; //you can specify skins for zombies that spawn from the specific building

I did this while increasing the Init (max local, etc.) features to accommodate the huge flux in zombies. We had about 200 hundred spawn around us in the middle of a city. They came in waves of about 20 to 25 over 10 minutes. Note: The minRoaming and max Roaming worked best on my server under 30. "25" seemed to be the ideal number to use.