adding additional category to traders

Achmed

Question

Im wanting to see about adding some more category to the hero/bandit traders.

I know how to add items to the traders however when i added an empty briefcase to the hero trader there was no category that would fit this and it ended up in the weapons category.

i know that the server_traders.swf file controls what each trader has in there menu. is it as simply as adding another category there with a unique tid number and adding the same number to the item in the database?

4 answers to this question

My database has all the vendors for all the maps, since ever. Pull up the server_traders.sqf from your MPMissions, vendors for your server are there. I choose an old Vendor ID in the database that sold the same type of item I wanted to sell, and restocked it with the desired items then inserted that number with desired heading into the vendor for your map. It should look something like this (for example my Stary car dealer)

// Vehicles Neutral 2 - STARY
menu_RU_Profiteer4 = [
[["Bikes and ATV",650],["Buses and Vans",651],["Cargo Trucks",653],["Compact Cars",652],["Economy Cars",654],["Fuel Trucks",655],["Luxury Cars",656],["Microcars",657],["Military Unarmed",658],["Military Armed",34],["Trucks",659],["Used Cars",660],["Utility Vehicles",661]],
[],
"neutral"

]; 

You can see I renamed ["Military",658] to ["Military Unarmed",658] and inserted the new vendor heading ["Military Armed",34] into the line which is the vendor I choose from the database.

I did something similar to the Airplane dealer at NE airfield and edited it to read simply "Airplanes" and "Helicopters", then added the cheaper armed helis into the Vendor ID.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

Yeah should be that simple

Inside your Server_traders.sqf

locate your trader you want,  my example here i messed with the Aircraft dealer because I was sick of having armed helicopters at the Hero camp.

// Aircraft Dealer
menu_Worker2 = [
    [["Airplanes",517],["Helicopter Unarmed",519],["Helicopter Armed",493],["Black Market Ammo",577],["Black Market Weapons",627]],
    [],
    "friendly"
];

I moved the helicopter from hero and also created a "Black market weapons" as well as "ammo"  using another TID that you normally only purchased from bandit.

If you wanted to make another category simply create it

["My new Category",666]    using this example TID of 666

and enter your item into the trader_data table using the format of the other items,  but use the tid of 666