No OA beta information?

Swash

Question

Looked main site, wiki, download/install, server install, server config/extended pages. None of them indicate which beta patch is best suited for 1.0.2.

Please don't reply with "latest" because if someone else finds this post they will ask "latest to when"? lol 

Currently running 103718.

Would be nice to have definitive information telling us which beta patch runs best for this version of the mod.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I have been running 103419 and have had no problems.

The latest should be best due to bug fixes and additions into the server code from the BIS team.

I recommend having the most recent beta patch listed in DayZ Commander. This is due to people always having their beta patch updated to the latest one listed in DayZ Commander, and DayZ Commander will be more likely to suggest a server which fits the client's versions.

The latest now is 107882, Dayz commander has 103718 as the latest.

I'm running 103718, but maybe server runs best on 103419 or 104648. *shrug*

Servers can run a newer beta and accept clients from older beta. (settings in config)

But server builds tend to have beta that it "likes" or was built on.

If you look at other server builds they typical give you the beta patch that it's built for to minimize issues.

Unfortunately when it comes to dayz.. latest patch is not always the best and many times when a new latest and greatest patch comes out it can break the client/server.

Even the high and mighty origins couldn't run 103718 when it hit dayz commander. lol (yes that was sarcasm and a cheap jab at origins)

Just think it would be nice to know for sure what the server was optimized for.

ok ok I'm a perfectionist.... but still lol