Adding Player UIDs to items???

N340

Question

I thought before I started scripting this I would see if someone has something similar.

I have my server setup to no plot poles are needed. I want to make it so that when a player is building a base they can build a custom item, a flag pole (this I have done already) and have a scroll menu to add in Player UIDs (of his friends). Once the pole is up it will make it so that certain items wont give scroll menu functions like doors for example, unless their Playr UID matches the Player UID put into the flag pole.

I mainly need the help with adding in Player UIDs to an array of sort and some way. So if someone knows of a script that can give me a way to add in player UIDs to items it would be very helpful. Or any input at all is appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

you can do this in many ways ... the obvius would be to set a variable within the object with this information, however this will obviusly set a natural limit as to how many players can be added as there is a limit to how many chars are allowed in such a variable ... second option would be to add a public variable to tell the server when you are addidng removing friends, however this will obviusly be more complicated and will bring problems of its own, when player dc as the public variable is not resend upon players return to the game.

next problem will be to actually remove the addactions you are inteding to dissallow wich will be rather hard to do or it will cause lag for the players ... i dont know of any easy sollution to that, sorry

I have something like this on my todo list after I have redone the refuel functions.

When finishing the 'Plot for life' mod, someone suggested that their players had asked for tying playerUIDs to the plot pole and some sort of dialogue for management.  I have a fairly good idea on how to organise and store the playerUIDS and have been looking at dialogues.  I do need to get the refueling stuff out of the way first though before coding this.

Keep an eye out in the server mod section and I will put a post up there in a week or so to kick it off.

RB