Anyone able to help me fix keeping plot poles after death?

KamikazeXeX

Question

Well title says most of it basically i have plot poles tying fine, users can build at their bases after dying fine the only problem is that the maintain option results in "0 building parts in range", whilst i'm not all that bothered about having to disable the cleanup in my HIVE file, i wanted the ability to leave it on, as said, everything works absolutely fine, playerUID's are getting stored in the DB to associate buildables with the original creator, tagging as friendly allows players to allow other people to build on their plots etc etc but only maintaining isn't working and i don't want the server getting too clogged up if people don't come back rendering their base permanently on the server, I'm using the guide posted  along with the indestructible base stuff from , I've made the changes in server_swapObject.sqf to correct maintenance swap outs too, i just don't know why maintenance itself isn't working, thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

The maintain menu only becomes active once the buildables are damaged (part of the DB side scripts cause the damage IIRC).  Presumably after the DB event runs, the server needs restarting to re-read the objects in with the new damage and the maintain menu will become an active option.

How having indestructible buildables will be affected by this I do not know but possibly not in the way you want.

RB

Well that makes sense, i guess i'll turn it back on, to my knowledge the way that the indestructibility script works is in-game they're immune to direct damage but as the server's database will decay base parts over time they will be maintainable, its weird how it says "0 building parts in range" as they're in range, i'd have though it'd have said your buildables don't need maintenance or something along them lines, i'll do some testing on my test server, theres plenty of servers that use indestructible bases but still require you to maintain ever 1-2 weeks, I've played on quite a few.