Water base building questions!

Regicyde

Question

Hello all,

Recently decided to build a base out over the water.

I built a causeway 2000m out, and have the first floor complete up over the ocean.

I had been airlifting built components from a land base, but decided to begin crafting at the new location, out over the water.

2 questions:

1) when I attempt to build metal poles, it tells me there needs to be a fire within 3 meters despite a fire being lit. Is this something I can fix? Or is the game assuming the fire is actually on the ocean floor.

2) when I open a supply crate, the materials within simply vanish, rather than appearing on the metal flooring. I assume it has something to do with where the actual floor is...but when I drop items from my inventory, they appear with no issues.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated. I hadn't been able to find anything on these forums beyond one comment about a base built in the sky having similar issues.

Cheers

11 answers to this question

I think basically the metal floors dont actually count as floors. As you will notice the Merlin HC3 has a retractable landing gear? that opens up when you get close to the ground,. however when you try land it on metal floors it dosent come out. 

So basically I think the fire is 'really' on the ocean floor. 

And all the supply crate stuff goes to the ocean floor. 

I would recommened just getting all poles etc.. and taking them out ready to build.

~Mochan

Hello again. Bumping this thread, regarding the fire built out over water. Currently, you cannot do any crafting that requires a fire if it is built over the water. You can cook meat though, and it will heat you up as normal. Additionally, the light given off normally, does not take place, so been though the fire is going, and it's inside a structure, there is not light. This goes the same for light poles. It does not light up the water or any of the surrounding structures.

I am curious if there is some fix for this.

Hello again. Bumping this thread, regarding the fire built out over water. Currently, you cannot do any crafting that requires a fire if it is built over the water. You can cook meat though, and it will heat you up as normal. Additionally, the light given off normally, does not take place, so been though the fire is going, and it's inside a structure, there is not light. This goes the same for light poles. It does not light up the water or any of the surrounding structures.

I am curious if there is some fix for this.

Fire, or Fire Barrel? I believe my firebarrel counted when I was building over a pond.

Yes hello, I was wondering.... Are any of you mods? I think I thought of a possible fix for it, though it not for everyone.... If you had an admin spawn a large, solid flooring/structure/chunk of land under your base, prehaps even on the ocean floor( i think where it would spawn anyways?idunno).... it would fix the problems with building over water?? I mean it makes sense... bases built above land have no problem with these sort of things... I see no reason a admin spawned island... or runway... or something would fix everything. Could one of you test it out please? If i had a means of spawning stuff like that, or the knowhow, i would test it myself but sadly the best i can do is try to convince my admin into letting me test it.

I know this is an old post but if you see this please reply, id like to revive the thread. I ask cause i am currently building on water, and i am experiencing all these bugs, i have already built the majority of a large base and would like to know if it could be fixed. Thanks :)

Picture of my base, lots more on top bois ;)

post-17602-0-26348400-1404281708_thumb.j