[VIDEO TUTORIAL] Epoch Linux Server 1.0.4.2a Basic Installation

jahangir13

I've created and released a short video tutorial for newcomers to the Linux Version of the Epoch Server which hopefully
helps you guys out to get the Basic Installation done (and as a reference for the more experienced ones among you).

It shows all commands neccessary from after downloading the files from the GitHub Repo up to a working Linux Epoch Server.
(I tried to keep it as short as possible, no need to talk minutes about my desktop or other crap ,) )

Please have a look at the Video Description(!) as it contains additional useful information like the commands used (for copy&paste), all the links as well as the file and directory structure after completion of the installation/setup process (for a comparision).

Have fun, guys!

jahan.

Edit (17.05.2014): I've added a section on my Epoch faq page (link in video description) for Common Issues and how to solve these. It is a collection of issues people asked me via PM.

I used 'ldd epoch' to see if any shared library is missing to run the program.

Is that all the output you get doing 'ldd epoch'?

I don't know if that is an issue...did you try to execute epoch.sh afterwards. To me it looks like the needed libraries are not dynamically linked, these are statically linked...but I don't know if thast means they are missing.

Did you try to go on and start the server with epoch.sh? And what kind of Linux are you using?

What does the dump.log say if you start the server. Maybe there still some files needed you dod not copy or a ./tolower is missing. Maybe your main folder or any folder still contains capital letters?

• 4 weeks later...

Can not pass on ldd epoch

writes:#

ldd epoch

statically linked

How can I fix it?

To fix this you need to unpack server files directly via ssh (or smth else) on server. Otherwise they loose their attributes :)

^^ That helped me

P.S. Thx a lot for the video and Linux server.

• 3 weeks later...