Scriptor needed for new server

ScallySwagger

Question

Hey guys I want to host my own server for DayZ Epoch. I barely know anything about scripting for ArmA and I would like some help. If anyone would be interested please message me or reply to this thread. I haven't ordered the server ethier yet so I am open to suggestions. I was planning on going with DayZ.st because of their friendliness to DayZ. Vilayer is out of the question because of their customer service. I was also looking at HFB Servers.

3 answers to this question

Hey guys I want to host my own server for DayZ Epoch. I barely know anything about scripting for ArmA and I would like some help. If anyone would be interested please message me or reply to this thread. I haven't ordered the server ethier yet so I am open to suggestions. I was planning on going with DayZ.st because of their friendliness to DayZ. Vilayer is out of the question because of their customer service. I was also looking at HFB Servers.

No-offence, if you dont know how to script best is to not get a server......  Try doing some scripting at home and get the hang of things. No point in putting money for something that you dont know.

Actually - I would agree and disagree with Namindu's comment here.

If you want to learn about adding, updating and modifying scripts, you should definitely go for a small DayZ server package somewhere.

Read tutorials, add scripts, break server, learn from your mistake, get stuck on waiting for host and authenticating... all these things are vehicles of learning.

If you plan on creating your own scripts and cool features, you should probably look for a tutorial on how to set up a test server on your own computer, for trial and error testing.

Ultimately it's up to you to do what you like, not for forum people to say yay or nay to your dreams of a coding empire.  :)

Actually - I would agree and disagree with Namindu's comment here.

If you want to learn about adding, updating and modifying scripts, you should definitely go for a small DayZ server package somewhere.

Read tutorials, add scripts, break server, learn from your mistake, get stuck on waiting for host and authenticating... all these things are vehicles of learning.

If you plan on creating your own scripts and cool features, you should probably look for a tutorial on how to set up a test server on your own computer, for trial and error testing.

Ultimately it's up to you to do what you like, not for forum people to say yay or nay to your dreams of a coding empire.  :)

I agree, Sorry i was just straight to the point.