Base Defence Buildings Suggestion

Forbus

Hey guys i play on a pvp server with a few rules about bases and i see people fly over head or stoping over the base and looking at it and i alway though why cant there turrets that you can play that are like AA guns. Well i found a mod for arma 2 that i think might be a capatible way of doing just that its called [R3F] Artillery and Logistic heres the info:  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9285 just make the anti aircraft guns the only avalible Defence trailor that once towed and placed at the propore spot(which can be you grabing it like a pallet of oil brums and walking slowly to fine tune the guns position) can be locked with a key that fixes it like a base item when locked and not towable when locked and can be reloaded with m240 or m249 ammo. It would add a new helpful feature to our bases and should cost a pretty penny lol from either the bandit or hero trader only.

I hope this can be worked out as i do like this mod and the base stuff just with out defence turrets like that on a pvp serevr if three people in a uh1h or other heli with a couple of guns flew around looking for base. They can just fly by your base and gun you down fairly easy with the advantage of being in the air and having a mounted gun as your on the ground trying to get either good shots on then with a non mounted wep or bring the heli down and engage them on the ground lol. Also using cars as turrets can be a pain cus cars can slide and do things we didnt expect to do cus they arnt a static like object unlike the turrets or base items. thanks for your time and I hope this is a viable option and a productive suggestion.

At first I would say that it would be useful to just keep vehicles with M2's or similar at your base but as the OP said, vehicles are slightly unpredictable, and super easy to kill with a heli.

I think a static gun emplacement, M2 only would be reasonable as long as it had to be manned and was not automated.  I know work was abandoned on the M2 machine gun nest but as a griefer I can tell you that bases right now are easy to take down. 

Mozzies can drop grenades right through the roof of any building so for a few 10oz gold I can just buy a handful of Mozzies and take down most anything in a base even while people are inside, especially if they aren't a good shot.  Gun emplacements with some decent armor would force me to rethink the Mozzie Flyby of Doom strategy.

I would be forced to start dropping entire helicopters and planes onto bases.