[1.0.5] Suggestions

Sandbird

arma2net is a mod that allows you to access the backend DB from within ARMA II sqf scripts.  As DayZ Mod and therefore Epoch are sitting on ARMA II it can be used within EPoch as well.

I have had issues with arma2net, which I believe are down to incompatible Dot Net versions in the newer versions of Windows, but from the infomation Sandbird has provided in his threads, it would seem fairly easy to use.

The only caution would be that you would then have a dependancy on another third party mod and it being kept up to date and any other third party addons it uses (i.e. mono).

I agree 100% with Sandbird that an open call for DB access would be fantastic but also understand that the hiveext.dll stuff is not part of Epoch but a standalone project that was utilised by DayZ and so also used by Epoch for their backend hive.  The GitHub with the source code is available here.  The Epoch team may not have developers with knowledge of C++ and may not want to take on the maintenance of this code if they modified it which I can fully understand.

I would imagine it is unlikely the original author will amend it as the Git is not being actively developed based on recent activity (6 months ago).

If there are any c++ devs out there who want ot have a go then please do. 

arma2net is a mod that allows you to access the backend DB from within ARMA II sqf scripts.  As DayZ Mod and therefore Epoch are sitting on ARMA II it can be used within EPoch as well.

I have had issues with arma2net, which I believe are down to incompatible Dot Net versions in the newer versions of Windows, but from the infomation Sandbird has provided in his threads, it would seem fairly easy to use.

The only caution would be that you would then have a dependancy on another third party mod and it being kept up to date and any other third party addons it uses (i.e. mono).

I agree 100% with Sandbird that an open call for DB access would be fantastic but also understand that the hiveext.dll stuff is not part of Epoch but a standalone project that was utilised by DayZ and so also used by Epoch for their backend hive.  The GitHub with the source code is available here.  The Epoch team may not have developers with knowledge of C++ and may not want to take on the maintenance of this code if they modified it which I can fully understand.

I would imagine it is unlikely the original author will amend it as the Git is not being actively developed based on recent activity (6 months ago).

If there are any c++ devs out there who want ot have a go then please do. 

Englightening post RimBlock, thanks for this.   at this now, so fingers crossed. With your DB & tech skills, can we in any way entice you to contribute to this "single currency/banking system" mini-project?

I don't know how exactly would it work but I feel like your contribution in this would be invaluable.

I don't mind helping on the DB back end stuff if needed but as you can see from my sig there are a few other things in my own queue not including sorting out the vault dupe problem, the player inventory dupe issue and putting together a proof of concept for verified client / server coms for important communication (inventory saves for example).  There is also the Epoch based youtube mini-series I am also looking to do with a lot of it scripted / cut scenes interspersed with game footage that fits the story line.

The other thing I didn't mention about the arma2net usage is once you start using it and finding it so easy, it is hard to tear away when developing new mods but if you use it for mods then any server owners would also need to install it and take on the third party dependencies in order to use your mods.

Yes thats true...but...once you go black(arma2net)....you never go back lol....so unless we find a guy to make a custom hiveext.dll that allows simple 999 calls like arma2net does then i am sticking with arma2net :)

You can do crazy stuff with it....have you seen this ?

This took me just a few hours to make with my 3d.live.mission and arma2net. You are only limited by your imagination with db freedom