Gender Select

DeanReid

Yes !!!

Good that you ask again. I've invested now 2 hours to figure that out. But do not ask how I did it, but I get a character selection screen now ;))

I need to sort out what I did, then I will ask you to please reproduce this as I've changed a lot of things now.

So far I can say:

In player_monitor.fsm /dayz_code.pbo) there is the condition which decides if the screen should be displayed or not:

class New_Character
        {
          priority = 5.000000;
          to="Gender_Selection";
          precondition = /*%FSM<CONDPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</CONDPRECONDITION""">*/;
          condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"_isNew && _isInfected == 0"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
          action=/*%FSM<ACTION""">*/""/*%FSM</ACTION""">*/;
        };

So _isNew and _isInfected are the variables here. I've put in 2 diag_log commands in server_playerLogin.sqf to see what the values are (found that in a forum post somewhere).

In dump.log I've seen that _isNew is always false for us...for whatever reason.

I've changed that now directly in the file and I get the Character/Gender selection screen ;)

The question for me is: why is it like that (and I saw that also people using the windows version are having this problem sometimes).

What consequences does that have if I overwrite the value.

As I said, I will sort that out...please a bit patience ;) And I will open a new post with a fix for that soon.

EDIT: I hope that I find a solution here. As I#ve set this value 'hard' now, I always get the character selection screen even if not dead before.

Or is that the normal behaviour? I guess not. I am still at work, will have some more time this evening.

@DEVD: is that maybe something you need to sort out and fix on YOUR version if the server. I did still not get everything how that works with the cache files (e.g. default-char.sqf) which makes it really difficult to figure out issues like that ;)

Problem is you are always very short on words explaining something ,)

In server_playerLogin.sqf, this lines:

//Process request

//Process request
_newPlayer = 	_primary select 1;
_isNew = 		count _primary < 7; //_result select 1;
_charID = 		_primary select 2;

Is that something YOU commented out here (_isNew line) or people from Epoch team?

Best regards,

jahan.

P.S.: Next question for me is why we can not play (if someone wants that) as a zombie when dying with an infection. I've seen that the column infected is missing in our character_DATA table but which is available in the original epoch sql. I think that's something DEVD needs to answer...if there is a specific reason for that or if he is just using an old sql file for creating the database ?!

Hm, I've set _infected in server_playerLogin.sqf to 1 and the DZE variable you mentioned to true. I got a zombie.

After logginf out and logging in again I still was the zombie. I don't know how this is determined. I just saw that the original epoch sql files contain a comumn infected in table Character_data which we do no have.

Is this determined by the model?? (pz_doctor I currentlx have). Do you know that?