How do vehicle translate db inventory to ingame gear inventory on server start

Sandbird

Question

I am writing a script and i need to spawn a vehicle based on the object_data entry of it.

It has some items inside it already (written in the database).

Forget about epoch not doing this without custom SQLs and stuff.

How does this

[[["AKS_74_kobra"],[1]],[["ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaCoke","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemJerrycan","ItemGoldBar10oz","ItemSilverBar","wooden_shed_kit","30Rnd_545x39_AK","ItemBandage"],[2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,1,2,2]],[[],[]]]

gets inside the vehicle when the server starts ?

Where is that piece of code that does that ?

Is it done by the .dll ? or is there somewhere an addweapon, addmagazine type of thing looping the array ?

-Thanks

4 answers to this question

@ Sandbird: you can find these things in the linux version (Epoch Linux Forum) if you download the server.pbo from there...as all these things (objects, players, inventories) are handled by 'cache' files.

If you use a tool to search in all the files of dayz_server.pbo for "cache" you see all the files where cache files are loaded from the file system to put them into the game again.

Greets

@ Sandbird: you can find these things in the linux version (Epoch Linux Forum) if you download the server.pbo from there...as all these things (objects, players, inventories) are handled by 'cache' files.

If you use a tool to search in all the files of dayz_server.pbo for "cache" you see all the files where cache files are loaded from the file system to put them into the game again.

Greets

Yup i did something similar, i extracted the dayz_code.pbo and have this and the dayz_server.pbo under my search finger :P

I found what i was looking for...I am trying to write a script that will spawn vehicles with inventory loaded...taken from the db.