How to manually stop Epochserver (Linux)

Atsutake

Question

Good morning,

how can i stop the epochserver on linux correctly.

The ways i know aren't perfect i guess.

1. When i use ./epoch.sh for test i can stop with Ctrl + C (but will it save all actions just done on server?)

2. Another way when i used ./restarter.pl then i have to kill a process with sth like "epoch Screen 20000", but i guess that wont save stuff just made either.

3. Is there a way to stop/shutdown the epochserver in a better way?

4. Sometimes when i used ./restarter.pl manually (on webmin->System->Scheduled Cron Jobs->Run now) to restart the server i get 2 or even 3 process that i have to kill. That is the reason why i m now asking.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edit:

to show you my htop (Filter: epoch) - i do interpretate this as one epochserver running, like i said it's sometimes twice or three times that much of processes

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3964/yxcx9hg5_png.htm

2 answers to this question

first off, the linux port for dayz epoch is not very good as it reads data from the log file to update database while also writing files to harddrive (eg atleast 4x as much write to disk as windows, not to mention the amount of read this generates).

1. When i use ./epoch.sh for test i can stop with Ctrl + C (but will it save all actions just done on server?)

yes, there is a yourport.pid file with the pid of epoch process, use that to kill it manually.

2. Another way when i used ./restarter.pl then i have to kill a process with sth like "epoch Screen 20000", but i guess that wont save stuff just made either.

not sure what you mean by this, i didnt have any extra processes to kill except when my php script failed to connect to be.

3. Is there a way to stop/shutdown the epochserver in a better way?

yes, as i just mentioned, also iirc it uses the wrong kind of shutdown in the restarter.pl (and iirc, theres some other bugs i had to fix aswell).

4. Sometimes when i used ./restarter.pl manually (on webmin->System->Scheduled Cron Jobs->Run now) to restart the server i get 2 or even 3 process that i have to kill. That is the reason why i m now asking.

again, kill the process propper and make sure it was killed before restarting and it will be fine.