How to install EMS 0.3?

kane

I ve seen the (how to) install guide but i cant seem to get it working with it.

im doing something wrong obviously but i dont know what.

can someone give me a nice easy breakdown of what to do a little more detailed but still easy to follow?.

Also do i have to have Wicked AI or DZAI ?

and what do these others do? can you have multiple mission scripts running at once?

thanks!

/*
	Constructors Mission by lazyink changed by brw1990 (Full credit for original code to TheSzerdi & TAW_Tonic)
	Updated to New Mission Format by Vampire
	Edited by Fuchs for EMS
*/

private ["_missName","_coords","_crate"];

//Name of the Mission
_missName = "Ikea drunk";

//DZMSFindPos loops BIS_fnc_findSafePos until it gets a valid result
_coords = call DZMSFindPos;

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Ikea driver was drunk and went into a bandit area and died. Revenge him!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missname] ExecVM DZMSAddMajMarker;

//We create the scenery
_crash = createVehicle ["UralWreck",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_crash] call DZMSProtectObj;

//Create the loot
_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_coords select 0) -5, (_coords select 1),0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_crate,"supply"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;
[_crate] call DZMSProtectObj;

//DZMSAISpawn spawns AI to the mission.
//Usage: [_coords, count, skillLevel]
[_coords,4,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;
sleep 5;
[_coords,4,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;
sleep 5;

//Wait until the player is within 30meters
waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _coords <= 30  } count playableunits > 0};

//Call DZMSSaveVeh to attempt to save the vehicles to the database
//If saving is off, the script will exit.
[_vehicle] ExecVM DZMSSaveVeh;
[_vehicle1] ExecVM DZMSSaveVeh;

//Let everyone know the mission is over
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"survivors got the ikea equipment lets drink one in his honour..", "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log format["[DZMS]: Minor SM10 Constructors Mission Mission has Ended."];
deleteMarker "DZMSMajMarker";
deleteMarker "DZMSMajDot";

//Let the timer know the mission is over
DZMSMajDone = true;

so your just going to copy and paste this code into your sm10.sgf file in minor missions, save it and replace it in the folder. All i did was just edit a couple of scripts to turn them into ikea supply ones. this one is called the drunken ikea driver. its a random supply you should have supply in your dzmweaponsitem list file and this will leech off of that. i would edit the dzmibox.sqf in scripts file so its not such small amount. by doing like 1-9 and then change the bottom so its not a random small number do like         _crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,10]; to give the items in a 10 count no space between the item,10 its connected

I also recommend going through the files, and checking on each mission all you have to do is change the crate type to weapons, medical, supply, ems something. and it will change the type of loot. also some don't work i edittted the ones that don't so they do. and some dont show dots which is

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location

[_coords,_missname] ExecVM DZMSAddMajMarker; is missing.

some dont clear so you'll have to edit

deleteMarker "DZMSMajMarker";

deleteMarker "DZMSMajDot";

so they clear. just check the missions play around with them. make them how you want them to be.

i do not take credit for making ems 0.3 im just helping.

I ve seen the (how to) install guide but i cant seem to get it working with it.

im doing something wrong obviously but i dont know what.

can someone give me a nice easy breakdown of what to do a little more detailed but still easy to follow?.

Also do i have to have Wicked AI or DZAI ?

and what do these others do? can you have multiple mission scripts running at once?

thanks!

the install instructions cant be much more simple... if you cant follow them the best advice i can offer is give up and either settle for a stock server or pay someone to install the scripts for you

Yes you need dzai and yes 2 normally run if you add the treasure hunt 3 will run.

Im not following EMS but unless its changed, you dont need DZAI or any other AI package to use it.

why do you assume im trolling? its a serious question and i get serious answer from some people unlike yourself, if you dont like the question dont fucking comment, prick. This isnt "flaming" this is me telling you your  a douche gagi

the server_monitor doesnt come with the download it comes from when you copy your arma 2 OA over into your server when you first create it.   The dayz_code is from the OA folder.

Butt yeah that's all thats in it even in the OA folder in steamapps-common.

ive never actually played with arma 2 , ive ran it but not played it, don't know if that is anything to do with it.

cant i just copy what youve got there into mine.

or is it going to start looking for things that arnt there?

thanks btw

Omg are you for real? I think I know where the server_monitor.Sqf is located ;)

I suggest you go and read my guide for how to set up a local server (it's in the server install help board) as from the sounds of it you have just closed your eyes, grabbed a load of files and stuffed them all in a folder and then wondering why it's not working.

If everything was working ok you wouldn't be on here constantly asking for help.

The reason it's not In the server_monitor.Sqf is because you have not set your server up correctly.

I'm not going to keep banging my head against the wall trying to help you only to be told i'm wrong. You either want help and listen or you don't.....

1. have not once said you where wrong, quote me....

2. By everything is working fine , i mean everything ive done so far works perfectly.

3. And is the reason ive posted on here so many times not obvious to you, because before people told me what i need to do, I didnt know ... Is this not a forum for help Hence the topic names 

Server Install "help"

Scripting "Help"

Hence the reason im here ................

the server_monitor doesnt come with the download it comes from when you copy your arma 2 OA over into your server when you first create it. The dayz_code is from the OA folder.

How's that for a quote of you not listening and saying I'm wrong.

I don't like your attitude and refuse to continually try and convince you that you have not done it correctly so will not be trying to help you any more...

That's not saying your wrong thats just me telling you what i could see so you knew what i was seeing on my side...

and that's fine and i don't know what's gave you the impression im not listening as right now im following your guide to create another to see if that fixes it.

maybe you dont like it but tbh mate i fucking despise your attitude you're the one who originally started speaking like a gobshite, maybe you don't like it because your used to people saying "oohh sorry" to you after you've raved on about how stupid they are.

Get your head out your ass .

Knowing where about in England you're from would probably explain alot.