Infected Suggestions

AgEnT

I love that you guys have setup a complete endgame experience and there is a multitude of things to do. I did however want to make a couple of suggestions that I feel could be hilarious and fun.

Currently if you are infected and die without treatment on your next spawn you play as a Zombie. I've noticed while playing as a zombie you can run 5 times faster, attack, call horde, and have different vision options. While it is fun playing as a zombie just to screw with people it does get old fast and everyone I've talked to said they just kill themselves if they become one. Some of the causes are while playing as a zombie your temperature falls leading to an infection, which brings on coughing (giving it away that you are a player) and consequently causing you to be infected again. Is there a way to disable the temperature (since there is nothing you can do about it as a zombie) and disable the drinking? I understand the food, that makes since, but the drinking and food are not synced so you tend to run out of drink first. If you don't eat that causes you to lose blood which causes an infection and the cycle repeats. So my question/suggestion is can you remove the ability to get an infection (while a zombie) and maybe make it a small percent chance that attacking another player could cause them to have an infection, which if left untreated would cause them to become a zombie? Then just make temp and drinking disabled?

Also for a completely different experience could you make it instead of becoming a zombie, that you become a bloodsucker? Be able to be invisible and only visible if you attack (like it is currently) then just give the bloodsucker the ability to roar, attack and vision. The roar doesn't have to attract zeds but is instead just used as a scare tactic. The food could go down but the ability to eat zeds and players would make for a lasting experience. I think that would be a fun experience not only playing as one but also fun for the other player as you never know if one is around. Don't have Bloodsuckers randomly throughout the server just have the player be one if they die from an infection, that way the player would always know if they hear one that a player is controlling it.

I think that would be fun!!

Let me know what you think,
Agent

First off....oh god why the colors? Seriously, the white text with black background is just..painful.

Second...i agree with everything you suggested as for changes to how things work when you are a zombie. Dont know if it would be possible but maybe, thats for the dev's to say if its possible. If it is, yeh all of that is good.

As for bloodsuckers. Those are something from Namalsk. They would need to get some sort of permission, I would think, to bring that into Epoch (Especially since Epoch is Multi-Map).

As for a player being 'rebirthed' as an invisible entity that only becomes visible when attacking..hell no. Why? Let me just die infected, be reborn as a Bloodsucker, go run into Elektro/Cherno (Or other major cities on other maps). Im just gonna climb up to a tall roof and stand there as an invisible sentinel while I communicate positions of folks to my friends over teamspeak. Hey i can even stalk people and theyd never know, i could go see where their camp was, and maybe (once they bring them in..) follow em to their stash.

There's a ton of issues with letting the player become a bloodsucker, those are just a few.

Again, I love your suggestions on changes to zombie-mode in the first paragraph, but I really hope the devs ignore the bloodsucker stuff as that will just give griefing idiots more ability to be griefing idiots.

Sorry, I had posted it on another website and they suggested I post it here, their background is black and I copied and paste. I fixed it.

As for the being a bloodsucker you could have it so you are only invisible after 1 or 2 seconds of standing still and visible when you move. That would prevent what you mentioned. As for climbing a tall building and relaying info to friends there is nothing preventing that now. Someone prone on a roof is just as equally hard to see. Then if you are visible when you move and follow someone to relay coords to their base or camp, then that just would be the fault of the player for not paying attention. Even if you stop moving and become invisible you still are visible while moving and again they would have to pay attention.

However, Bloodsuckers still make other noises other than their roar so it's still easy to tell when they are around. You hear one and try to hunt it down.

*Think the scene from Predator when they unload all their weapons in the jungle*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKYyYGf4l8Y

No worries on the color, sorta figured that was what happened since..theres no way to do a colored background to text on here.

With those suggestions for the bloodsucker, that i could get behind.

However id say to do something following the suggestions but..different. Maybe a new mob like a super zombie that can stealth when still?

Basically im thinking something like Teemo from League of Legends. Stay still and you go into stealth, but you can still take damage.

Yeh.