Automated building damage script and light poles

veeshan

Question

Hello, One thing I have noticed as of late, since our server began running an automatic building damage script so people could use the plotpole maintain, is that when the script does enough damage to the base to allow for the maintenance to work, it also causes all the light poles to burn out and become non-functional. Using the area maint fixes the lightpoles and they work again, but the problem repeats once the damage script kicks in once more. Is there a work around for this, or is this something that could be addressed in the next patch? I'm assuming the light poles have been designed so players can easily shoot out the lights on PVP servers, thus they have a low damage threshold before the non-functional state kicks in. Perhaps boost the damage needed to cause a non-functional state threshold to a level that may be more in line with sustained gunfire vs. the relatively low damage caused by the script?

3 answers to this question

Hello, One thing I have noticed as of late, since our server began running an automatic building damage script so people could use the plotpole maintain, is that when the script does enough damage to the base to allow for the maintenance to work, it also causes all the light poles to burn out and become non-functional. Using the area maint fixes the lightpoles and they work again, but the problem repeats once the damage script kicks in once more. Is there a work around for this, or is this something that could be addressed in the next patch? I'm assuming the light poles have been designed so players can easily shoot out the lights on PVP servers, thus they have a low damage threshold before the non-functional state kicks in. Perhaps boost the damage needed to cause a non-functional state threshold to a level that may be more in line with sustained gunfire vs. the relatively low damage caused by the script?

Normally the elements are the ones that damage the plot poles, you can barricade it between 2 walls and that should stop the plot pole from being destroyed.

Would you please post the sql you use to damage base pieces ?

I believe this is actually server sided and not sql.