HiveExt

Defent

Question

I have encountered a slight problem.

I am using xampp for apache and mysql and my HiveExt.ini refuses to establish a solid connection to the database in with any other account details other than 

Ip: Localhost
Database: dayz
Username: root
Password: <no password>

I've tried changing these settings to both the public IP aswell as the local IP (all ports are forwarded and are accessible from the outside).

I do not wish to use the root username and especially not keeping it without a password but HiveExt.ini refuses any other username. 

The message I get when I attempt to change is: 

Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

(This happens with and without password)

I've changed the allowed IP in phpmyadmin to everything from localhost to public ip to % and nothing changes.

Right now the server functions when I use root without a password on localhost, whats up with this? 

9 answers to this question

Create an User and give him excess to the database. Ive done it with Navicat...works pretty well.

I did that through the Phpmyadmin panel, should work the same way afaik

Still no result :(

Edit: Just downloaded the cfgdayz folder from Pwnoz0rs dayz github because I noticed that I lacked a few of the setting files that he had. Will attempt again now.

Edit 2: Didnt work :/

It is possible to set hive to use another username & password  otherwise the setting wouldnt be there...

also

Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Most likely u haven't setup the user dayz & given them permissions to the epoch database

Also use a password for root etc its generally a good idea

It is possible to set hive to use another username & password  otherwise the setting wouldnt be there...

also

Most likely u haven't setup the user dayz & given them permissions to the epoch database

Also use a password for root etc its generally a good idea

Well that is exactly what I have done but the HiveExt.ini refuses to accept any other account other than root without a password.

I have fully set up accounts of all types and of all possible settings afaik, I can access the epoch database from my home computer and I can access it to localhost (with different usernames, not just root).

I understand that having a password on root is a good idea but it's sort of hard to use since my dayz servers seems like it doesn't accept that.

Solve the problem, it was not related to the database at all. 

It was the launching .bat file, it didn't point towards the correct profile path.

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=4444 "-config=Configs\instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=Configs\instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

changed to

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=4444 "-config=Configs\instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=Configs\instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=Configs\instance_11_Chernarus" -name=Configs\instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"