How to install epoch to paid hosted server

Array

Question

Hey, i just bought a Dayz Mod server hosting from 4netplayers and I'm having a very hard time on figuring out exactly i can get it all to work. I'm using filezilla FTP to edit the server files, do i replace the servers ftp files with all these files shown in the screenshot? f74b82cff4b8581bc98e4965069f7b4a.png

Also, this is what my sql database or whatever its called is, does the name matter if I'm on a paid server?

2e98d8963fd5ff61bbaa1bdba796312b.png

I believe i cannot change the name either.

I'm new to all this, wanted to get a server i could modify to be the type of server i wanted to play, also with friends.

Also my server says it is running, however it does not show in dayz commander, is there something specific i have to do before it can show up?

Would be awesome for some help, getting a little frustrated at this point aha. Hopefully if possible a nice tutorial i can read off would be awesome, but i'll take any help i can get at this point.

12 answers to this question

Actually modifying the database name is not needed on a paid hoster. All the setup was done by the hoster itself so it wouldn't be that intelligent to edit those things.

To modify the server to your likings only the mpmission and the dayz_server is needed. But for now to just get it running I suggest to not use the DayZ Commander as it is heavily outdated. I personally prefer DayZ Launcher. But even that launcher is not showing up new servers instantly. I suggest you start your game via steam with some startup arguments to also run the epoch mod and then join manually on your server with the ip and the port given by the host.

1 minute ago, DAmNRelentless said:

Actually modifying the database name is not needed on a paid hoster. All the setup was done by the hoster itself so it wouldn't be that intelligent to edit those things.

To modify the server to your likings only the mpmission and the dayz_server is needed. But for now to just get it running I suggest to not use the DayZ Commander as it is heavily outdated. I personally prefer DayZ Launcher. But even that launcher is not showing up new servers instantly. I suggest you start your game via steam with some startup arguments to also run the epoch mod and then join manually on your server with the ip and the port given by the host.

I apologize i meant the dayz launcher. So do i copy all the files form the first screenshot into my servers ftp, or just certain ones? 

8 minutes ago, DAmNRelentless said:

This was the original files the server it's self created when i did all the configuration for the server. All folders are empty.03877055f46b22c5d18b7c744f9eabe7.png

10 minutes ago, DAmNRelentless said:

Oh the folders are empty? That's not a thing. Try reinstalling it via webinterface of your host. Normally there have to be tons of files.

I reinstalled it twice, the files remain empty, the 4netplayers servers start off by making you choose either Just dayz, guessing public, or a private hive one. I'll try to delete this config and reinstall it from the hosting, again. 

14 minutes ago, DAmNRelentless said:

Oh the folders are empty? That's not a thing. Try reinstalling it via webinterface of your host. Normally there have to be tons of files.

These are the two options i get. dd4c4d673effca5216215a57383bb665.png

When i use Private Hive no files show in he ftp. and when i use The regular DayZ i get this error 

9c5b45237474e1da41b84bfdf8f3b9bb.png

Would love to find out how to fix this.

20 minutes ago, DAmNRelentless said:

As expected it still did not input any files into the FTP. All folders are still empty.

af199fc710fa89578eade741c3a09513.png

So it seems like this hoster wants you to buy more slots to make a public server. There isn't an option to make a smaller one. The minimum slots for an official dayz server is 40 but that's senseless if you only want it for your friends and you. I suggest you better change the host. I have no experience with your one.

12 minutes ago, DAmNRelentless said:

So it seems like this hoster wants you to buy more slots to make a public server. There isn't an option to make a smaller one. The minimum slots for an official dayz server is 40 but that's senseless if you only want it for your friends and you. I suggest you better change the host. I have no experience with your one.

What host do you personally recommend?

I suggest you make a new forum thread or use the search function whether there are members out here on the forum that have experience with hosters in your country. I can not help you with that. Hope you understand that. If you have any troubles with setting up a server then, I'll help you.