Overall View Distance Issue

HarryNutz

Since 0.3.9.0 I am unable to see past (roughly) 1.1 km as that is where the fog line starts, yet checking with 6+ other players on the server they all say that their view distance is in the (roughly) 2.2 km distance. The following screenshots I linked too... #1 is how far the fog line use to be in previous builds... #2 shows that I have Overall and Object View Distance set to max and #3 shows where the fog line is now in this build regardless of my settings. I can confirm that at least one other person has this same issue, as well... one of my group members apparently has had this issue since playing over a year ago on Epoch.

http://postimg.org/gallery/2mup5cpcy/

Hazmat are you an Admin on the server? I had a feeling it couldn't be a coincidence that 2 regular admins and the head admin were having issues and only on Epoch... so brought in a 4 admin who plays on Exile who popped on and confirmed that he also could not see past around the 1.1 km mark. I sent a PM to  vbawol so hopefully we hear something positive back in respect to what might be causing it and for only admins (that is if you are in fact one as well). Crossing my fingers because its a hassle not be able to shoot past 1.1 km all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Over a year, still figuring out the boards, pardon delayed reply.  I admin a small server, messed around with view distance...haze/fog always seems to start around 1.2k like you said.  I also see similar thing in exile, so it's gotta be something with the latest overall BI update and Apex...not just for Epoch.  Also loading up a fresh, default user profile on client end, see if that makes a difference.  Am still messing around the the view settings, see what we can change...if I stumble on anything...will reply back.