Need help

JustCoop

Question

Hi all, I'm trying to use the arma 3 editor to learn how to build a base (as a player) to avoid learning in game.  I tend to knock my own head off moving base parts and then all my energy is gone and I have to run back 4 km.  I can spawn in all the lumber and energy packs I need but I don't know how to get my char to acquire the energy.  TIA

6 answers to this question

Sorry, I guess I'm in the wrong place.  I can't find any tutorials to edit Epoch missions in the Arma3 editor.  I am using the editor in the game.  Does that make sense?  I don't have a server.  I am a player who messes with the editor that's comes with the game.  I have used it to make scenarios with enemies to shoot and to make my kit as I like.  I am now trying to use it with the Epoch mod loaded so that I can spawn myself in with lumber packs and energy packs so I can practice building a base and don't have to learn in a multiplayer server where I get killed by sappers or players or myself while building.  I have used bistudio to reference cfgweapons and so forth but I don't know how to "turn on" energy usage so that I can build. 

Oh, btw I use the preview button to play these scenarios.  I'm now thinking there are further steps I will have to take to use energy.  If anyone could point me to some good reference sites I'd appreciate it.

I guess I'm going to have to host a session and dl the epoch server mod?

Edited by JustCoop

IMO, you could host your own server, locally on your home computer or like you said host a session.  That way you could do whatever you wanted and learn and make mistakes.  I am not sure your "character" can interact and build items like that in the editor.  I could be wrong though.

That guide won't help you much, it was meant for A2 dayz epoch and is quite dated (can't edit signatures currently to remove the link).

What you want is a server setup guide, almost any A3 guide out there will do just fine, not sure if there's any A3 epoch related server setup guides, since you'll need redis database most likely

Edited by raymix