current tutorials on how to setup overpoch

tinboye

Question

Is there any current tutorials on how to setup overpoch server?

or maybe someone can give me an explanation on how things work.

I find that I cannot just setup an overpoch server without first having to setup epoch server, then join the game, then log out, then add overwatch and any overpoch mission like cash me up 0.16

If I create a new server, add @DayZ_Epoch, @DayZ_Epoch_Server and then i can join.

then I make a new folder calling it @DayZ_Overpoch_Napf_Server with the modified server pbo

and mission file, i can join.

but if I was to say, make a new server folder, copy all the content from the old server to the new server and fire up the server and try to join, it will not load. it just sits on waiting for authentication.

I have a feeling it has to do with the hive or something like that.

some of the videos i watch say to have overpoch you have to delete files from overwatch and copy files from epoch folder into overwatch and rename them to the files initially deleted.

and then they say to take your @dayz_epoch_server and rename to @dayz_overpoch_server and

then in the launch parameters still have @overwatch;@dayz_epoch_mod;@dayz_epoch_server 

in doing so why wouldnt one have 

@overwatch;@dayz_epoch_mod;@dayz_overpoch_server instead.

Is there something that tells everything to also look in the @dayz_overpoch_server folder for alternate server content?

if anyone has explanation on things let me know please.

Edited by tinboye

3 answers to this question

One thing that most people setting up overpoch tend to miss out is that you have to grab dayz_code.pbo file from @Epoch client files along with its bikey and overwrite @Overwatch dayz_code.pbo

So that's most likely where you're getting stuck at as you won't get past waiting for host or something like that, basically it won't work and won't say why.

As for launch params, you just need to add @overwatch to them and that's about it

ok pls PM me if this is the same for Origins, from what i understand, origins developers do not want things posted on here that modify their code. but if you can pm me on an answer about that, would be appreciated. i have my launch parms as so

"-mod=@DayzOrigins;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Overpochins_Napf_Server;" on server side launch

and on client i just remove the server mod part.

thanks

so i was able to get the overpochins server working. just have some items to iron out. if anyone knows these errors I am getting i would appreciate the help on correcting.

first set of errors is:

File nissan_350z\config.cpp, line 244: '/CfgVehicles/350zBase/Library.libTextDesc': Missing ';' prior '}'
Unsupported language English in stringtable
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, they were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunition new mounting brackets better suited
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</German>
		<English>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, they were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunition new mounting brackets better suited
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</English>
		<Italian>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</Italian>
		<Spanish>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</Spanish>
		<French>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, the AKMS assault rifles with PBS-1 silencer were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunit
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</French>
		<Czech>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, the AKMS assault rifles with PBS-1 silencer were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunit
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</Czech>
		<Russian>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</Russian>
		<Polish>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</Polish>
		<Hungarian>From world.guns.ru: &lt'
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.</Hungarian>
    </Key>
    <Key ID="STR_VIL_AKS74UB_BS1_SHORT">
      <German>Compact assault rifle with silenced grenade launcher&lt'
"DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
1:04:21 Client: Remote object 3:7 not found
 1:04:22 Error in expression <;
_count = _this select 1;
_num = count _array;
if (_num > _count) then {
_start>
 1:04:22   Error position: <_array;
if (_num > _count) then {
_start>
 1:04:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _array
 1:04:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 72
 1:04:22 Error in expression <currentState set [(count _currentState),_friendlies];
};

if (count _playerPos>
 1:04:22   Error position: <_friendlies];
};

if (count _playerPos>
 1:04:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _friendlies
 1:04:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 170
 1:04:22 Bad conversion: array
 1:04:22 Error in expression <urrentState = [_currentWpn,_currentAnim,_temp];
if(DZE_FriendlySaving) then {

_>
 1:04:22   Error position: <_temp];

_>
 1:04:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: _temp
 1:04:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 166
 1:04:22 Bad conversion: array
 1:04:22 Error in expression <ear"] call server_updateObject;
} count nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects>
 1:04:22   Error position: <nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects>
 1:04:22   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
 1:04:22 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 207
1:07:52 Error in expression < getVariable["actionSet", false];

if (!_actionSet) then {
s_player_holderPickup>
 1:07:52   Error position: <_actionSet) then {
s_player_holderPickup>
 1:07:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _actionset
 1:07:52 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_BackpackAction.sqf, line 13
7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.kin_GUE_Soldier_2_DZ'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine kin_GUE_Soldier_2_DZ with scope=private
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
 7:40:01 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.

in the server_playerSync.sqf line

170: this is the whole function:

// save only last/most recent 5 entrys as we only have 200 chars in db field && weapon + animation names are sometimes really long 60-70 chars.
            _friendlies = [(_character getVariable ["friendlies",[]]),5] call array_reduceSizeReverse;
            _currentState set [(count _currentState),_friendlies];
        };

207:

// Force gear updates for nearby vehicles/tents
        _pos = _this select 0;
        {
            [_x, "gear"] call server_updateObject;
        } count nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects, 10];

in server_functions.sqf

line 72: the whole function:

array_reduceSizeReverse = {
    private["_array","_count","_num","_newarray","_startnum","_index"];