Looking for a Dev or Scripter to hire

broland278

Question

9 answers to this question

Dont offer money, you could get ripped off. I've had success getting help just by asking. It also helps if you show that you are actually trying to do things on your own rather than asking for step by step instructions. I kind of jumped into this myself. I have taken some finite mathematics courses before so that def helped in understanding some of the logic that goes on. Still have a LONG way to go though lol. Once you have a few successes under your belt your confidence and motivation to do the work yourself will go up and you will feel better about taking on more complex tasks. Also make sure you set up a good work area and stick to your workflow. I have a working folder for modifying files, a folder for files ready to upload and a folder with the modified files that are on the server - BACKUPS are one of the most important things you can have.

Yes please unless you want alot of custom stuff scripted in dont offer to pay man alot of this stuff is pretty easy and when you get better at it your like damn did i just do that lol but if you need help dont go to the devs for it unless its halv who is a freaking scripting god but also if you really want some help just ask on here man i will help you for free man and i will show you how to do it and then some if you would like man. God Bless

...but if you need help dont go to the devs for it unless its halv who is a freaking scripting god but also if you really want some help just ask on here man i will help you for free man and i will show you how to do it and then some if you would like man. God Bless

Most of the people who have released scripts here are happy to give support to people who are respectful to them and don't make ridiculous demands.

Well kilo not to be rude but he was asking for help and the only way he can learn is if some one shows him a little to get started in the right direction my good sir but also you need to take in consideration that not every one on here can script they just need the help in the right direction and speaking of that lets see you finish some of the things you start from now on lol

Well kilo not to be rude but he was asking for help and the only way he can learn is if some one shows him a little to get started in the right direction my good sir but also you need to take in consideration that not every one on here can script they just need the help in the right direction and speaking of that lets see you finish some of the things you start from now on lol

That's not true... while many of else learn easier if someone gives us a start spot that doesn't mean the information isn't there for you to learn. Bohemia has an extensive wiki on all the classes and functions for ArmA. Essentially with enough drive you could learn everything you need to there. I often don't bother a lot of the community dev's here because I have an internal "am I being lazy?" criteria that I have to get past before asking questions.