Dayz Standalone Singleplayer?

So i have watched the PC Gaming show E3 2015 Conference.

And then suddenly this guy Brain Hicks comes up stage.. and i was like "Maybe i should stop watching.."

But you know, i like to take a adventure, so im listen carefully to what he is saying while im listing to music....

And then he starts telling about single player... and i have mixed opinions about this. 

Offcourse its still a survival game, but i think isn't it the idea off survival that you work together (except when your a bandit) and stay alive and slowly start building up society again? 

So i would like to hear your opinions about this, and things you dont agree with me.. 
(And for the people who dont know what im talking about: 

- a small video about it)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and keep on surviving,

If I didn't have information that I have now I would say it is great, I love singleplayer games...yet it would be a mess in DayZ. DayZ is a PVP sandbox, it doesn't even have persistence. Imagine Epoch singleplayer, well, I guess PVE servers can be partially called single player servers. But still, a single player without a goal is dead end.

Single player is nice, can't really hurt. Though, I'm more interested in the server hosting side + mods. I bet you the community could churn out more working content than those devs can in less time.

So do you think they will be asking for more money from players for this?

I dont think so, but if they would, thats just f*cked up.. or make it like some kind of DLC

Interactable AI Companions for a SP Scenario would make for good gameplay.

Yea, sounds cool :D

Single player is nice, can't really hurt. Though, I'm more interested in the server hosting side + mods. I bet you the community could churn out more working content than those devs can in less time.

Yea, did you hear about dayz giving the server file's to hosting companies, so now you can look into mission file's and stuff. So you can now edit/customise the server :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nateyo
      Hey guys I was curious, if anyone is looking for someone to group up with on DayZ Standalone I'm more than happy to play with/tag along, I'm getting tired of playing solo.

Steam: Valos
      It'll have a picture of the first letter of my steam name. (V)
    • By arc7r7
      I have an issue I havn't been able to find an answer for with google. I made a scenario in the 3den editor, When I upload it to steam from the editor , I am unable to change the Tags that display, No matter which ones I select it always shows the same ones. Its listing the gameplay as Multiplayer. I want it to be singleplayer and coop. I can choose these in the Edit tags function but they never show up. Has anyone seen this before or know how I can change it?
    • By Markokil321
      Hello,

Looking for some help with this Code i am trying to add to our server as a backpack theft protection when inside safezones. We had something similar up to now but it just didn't work very well.
      I am adding this code to the bottom of my custom fn_gearMenuChecks.sqf which is called in the MPMission\compiles.sqf.

I've added comments trying to explain what it is doing (WE ALSO USE CUSTOM FRIENDLIST SYSTEM, so things may look strange)

THE CODE:
      if (inSafeZone) then //if player inside a safezone { _playerNear = (({isPlayer _x} count (nearestObjects [player, ['Man'],6])) > 1); //there is another player within 6m of you if (_playerNear) then //if player within 6m { //define variables _puid = getPlayerUID player; _fuid = getPlayerUID cursorTarget; _playerID = player getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"]; _targetid = cursorTarget getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"]; _sFriends = player getVariable ["friendlies", []]; _pfls = player getVariable ["AH_friendlist",[]]; _tFriends = cursorTarget getVariable ["friendlies", []]; _ffls = cursorTarget getVariable ["AH_friendlist",[]]; _isFriend = (((_targetid in _sFriends)&&(_playerID in _tFriends)) || ((_fuid in _pfls)&&(_puid in _ffls))); //player is inside your friendslist _isLootpile = (cursorTarget isKindOf "WeaponHolder"); //cursortarget is a lootpile if (!_isFriend || _isLootpile) then //if target not inside friendslist OR cursortarget is a lootpile { _display closeDisplay 1; // do not allow gear access cutText ["\nANTI-THEFT: You cannot access non-friends gear/backpacks in safezone!","PLAIN DOWN"]; //text }; }; }; Point is that if you are inside a safezone and there is another player within 6m:
      - if target player is not inside your friendslist = you cannot access their gear/backpack
      - if you target a lootpile = no gear access

The problem is that it does not let me access anyones gear if there is another player within 6m, no matter if they are in my friendslist or not.

Very tired trying to figure out what could be wrong, does this code look allright?
      Here's my whole fn_gearMenuChecks.sqf: http://pastebin.com/znjtWC8R

Any help is appreciated
    • By DominicFGaming
      Hi, every once in a while, I will try to join a DayZ (mod) server, and when I do, a command prompt will open saying Battleye failed to install.  When this happens, I go to Steam, and verify the files, then launch Arma 2: OA, then Battleye will install succesfully.  I just want to know if there's a fix for this, because I'm getting tired of doing this little fix all the time.  I just want to play DayZ without problems.  Please help?
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord