Editing with Epoch structures?

Sarkasmi

Question

6 answers to this question

you could make a shed or whatever, and use the database, messing with its inventory to put a bunch of stuff in it, then restart the server

what I did to just try out builds in the 3D editor is a whole different approach:

Create a .bat file in your arma II operation arrowhead directory and put this in it.

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;"

start it, go to the editor and place a vehicle, in the object properties -> type, open the "Objects (Fortifications)" category, you'll see all kinds of objects used in the epoch building system.

Example

you could make a shed or whatever, and use the database, messing with its inventory to put a bunch of stuff in it, then restart the server

what I did to just try out builds in the 3D editor is a whole different approach:

Create a .bat file in your arma II operation arrowhead directory and put this in it.

@echo off

start it, go to the editor and place a vehicle, in the object properties -> type, open the "Objects (Fortifications)" category, you'll see all kinds of objects used in the epoch building system.

Example

how does one create a bat file. and how do i access this 3d editor?

@echo off

Example

Thanks for the info, ill explore it more when I get home, but it looks like what I'm looking for.

If you use DayZ Commander, you can simply go to Settings, then under Additional Launch Parameters, add the below in the field and hit launch DayZ. Then at the main menu for Arma 2, hit ALT + E to enter into the editor.

-mod=@DayZ_Epoch

Also joining any Epoch server and then double tapping esc will take you to the main menu, then do the ALT+E.

Once your in the editor, move around the map in either 2D or 3D mode, and find an area you want to start building at. When you do, then hit ALT+10, double click anywhere on the land and hit OK to the popup. Hit ALT+F2 and do the same thing, and finish with ALT+F1. This will center your map, and also drop a unit down so your able to use the preview feature and walk around in the world.

Then do as Xoleum mentioned, and on the right side menu go to Vehicles > Objects (Fortifications).

If you use DayZ Commander, you can simply go to Settings, then under Additional Launch Parameters, add the below in the field and hit launch DayZ. Then at the main menu for Arma 2, hit ALT + E to enter into the editor.

-mod=@DayZ_Epoch

See, I've tried this and it doesn't pull Napf up in the maps to be edited, and doesn't load any Epoch items.  I can only edit Napf and get Epoch items if I first load into another Epoch server.  However, I've been having issues with my ISP and would like to edit offline..

I saw someone said to load the beta files, but hasn't that been discontinued?

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10358-adding-items-in-editor/?hl=%2Blaunch+%2Beditor#entry72420