Single Currency Questions for a master...

Hi,

I have a "blank" "virgin" or "new" server, take your pick.

It has a fresh install of Chernarus overpoch.

I am trying to find a single currency with banking and advanced trading ideally.

Now I have had people say do this and that, but it turns out they dont actually have a server and all they have seen is links on the internet - suprisingly the mods dont work and the instructions are misleading in places. As the people havent got a server they cant help when you ask them why !!

So does anyone here have these mods installed and working and can message me how it was done ?

I'd appreciate any help and pointers.

Thanks

Ken

PS Threads pointing to "hey check this link" arent really that helpful.

How do you think other server owners got these scripts installed and working? That is correct, going to the respective threads and installing them by following the instructions then apply the necessary fixes (if required) in that thread. There is no "magic wand" ..... By the way, I have these mods and MANY more installed and working perfectly on 2 servers. See the previous lines as to how it was done.

How do you think other server owners got these scripts installed and working? That is correct, going to the respective threads and installing them by following the instructions then apply the necessary fixes (if required) in that thread. There is no "magic wand" ..... By the way, I have these mods and MANY more installed and working perfectly on 2 servers. See the previous lines as to how it was done.

I've installed multiple scripts, mods etc on 2 different servers myself and diagnosed a fair number of issues with these and must say that I've found these scripts difficult to install and diagnose myself.  I have them working on a Panthera server but can't get them to work on my Chernarus server at all.  Each time I've tried I have ended up not being able to login to the server and I end up going back to my backup every time.

I would like to say thank you ElDubya, but you havent really helped - you've done what others have said - I got it working... But not saying how.

Im not looking for an argument, just help.

Maybe you could point me at the correct threads and fixes in the order they should be done as you did it ? I have installed many other mods easily so yes having 10+ mods is not that hard.

Looking forward to your helpful reply.

Ken.

Hello Ken,

Check out this thread, I had the same issues as you have stated above until this guy wrote a full tutorial on a thread I posted.

Even if you're not using vilayer this still applies.

Kind Regards,

Best of luck!

Mezo

Hello Ken,

I think where the problem lies is that generally people that are starting server (like me) think it's pretty easy... it's not. There for Developers / Script creators tend to not dumb the install tutorial down.

Either way, if you read them a few times over and use some common sense, it CAN be very easy.

Let me know how you got on either by PM or on the thread.

Kind Regards,

Mezo

I'm actually a coder by trade thats the sad thing !

We're nearly there actually, got a few issues with saving the coins to the bank, but thats got to be the dlls. (maybe).

Again, it would be nice to have a set of threads at the top of the forums with Compeleted scripts that work - not as in 7 pages of fixes by multiple people. THEN lock the thread - job done.

I really appreciate your help though, you know exactly what its like (unlike players who say I got X amount of mods it was easy, but when it comes to the crunch they havnet a clue!!).

Regards

Ken

Regarding the coins not saving to the bank. It's almost definitely going to be the DLL's. If you're using Vilayer then the 'Server DLL' needs to go into '/serverIP_PORT/util/epoch'

If you're using anything else, I have no clue! :D

Best of luck!

Managed to solve this and it was almost certainly the hiveExt.dll file - I tried all the non 999 ones that Souls and Zupa supplied and couldnt get it to work.  Another admin of a GTX server was able to give me his copy and this worked.

We did have LOTS of issues installing the single currency.  GTX have quite a few custom mods preinstalled so adding single currency meant doing a full diffmerge on EVERY file in both server and mission files.  Even after doing this I had to make a number of changes due to clashes with other mods too.

It's taken the best part of a week and several late nights, with a background in programming and scripting this was a very difficult install but I've learnt so much about scripting for ARMA2/Dayz it was definitely worth it!!

If anyone reads this and wants some help PM me, can't promise I can fix your issues but I can try.  Best advice is to keep backups, use diffmerge and defintely read your RPT file, it almost certainly WILL contain the hints to where the problem lies.

Swampy